Cerro Coso Community College
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Public Junior College|
3000 College Heights Blvd.|
Ridgecrest, CA 93555, Ridgecrest, California, USA
|Campus||District, 18,000 square miles (47,000 km2)|
|Affiliations||Kern Community College District|
Cerro Coso Community College is a community college in the Eastern Sierra region of Southern California. It was established in 1973 as a separate college within the Kern Community College District. The college offers traditional and online courses and two-year degrees. The college serves an area of approximately 18,000-square-miles. Cerro Coso has five instructional sites: Eastern Sierra Center Bishop & Mammoth, Indian Wells Valley, Kern River Valley, and South Kern.
Indian Wells Valley Campus
- Indian Wells Valley: 3000 College Heights Blvd. Ridgecrest, CA 93555
The 420-acre (1.7 km2) Indian Wells Valley Campus (IWV) is located in the upper Mojave Desert near Ridgecrest, California, 160 miles (260 km) northeast of Los Angeles. The IWV Campus is the largest of the Cerro Coso campuses. It serves a population of about 28,000. The College serves the communities of Ridgecrest, China Lake, Inyokern, and Trona. This center provides educational services to military and civilian personnel on the base.
Kern River Valley Campus
Kern River Valley: 5520 Lake Isabella Blvd. Lake Isabella, CA 93240
East Kern Campus
East Kern: 140 Methusa Ave. Bldg. 2453 - Edwards AFB, CA 93524
The 50-acre (20 ha) East Kern Campus is located at Edwards Air Force Base. The Campus serves a population of about 1,000. The College serves the communities of Edwards Air Force Base, Mojave, Boron, and California City as well as a number of other locations in San Bernardino and Kern counties.
Eastern Sierra Campus
- Bishop: 4090 W Line St. Bishop, CA 93514
- Mammoth: 101 College Parkway Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
The Eastern Sierra Campus serves Bishop, Mammoth Lakes, Big Pine, Lone Pine, Independence, Death Valley. The Campus is one of the newest college centers, is a full service campus offering the opportunity to advance education by taking classes for transfer, fulfillment of career, technical education or simply for personal fulfillment.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-05-28. Retrieved 2010-02-01. Educational Master Plan Retrieved 2010-02-01
- California, State of. "California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office - Data Mart". datamart.cccco.edu. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Cerro Coso Community College - Main website". Cerrocoso.edu. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "Indian Wells Valley Campus". Cerrocoso.edu. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "SGCC Clubs". Indian Wells Valley. Retrieved 2013-01-10.
- "Kern River Valley Campus". Cerrocoso.edu. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "South Kern Campus". Cerrocoso.edu. Archived from the original on 2009-02-24. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "Eastern Sierra College Center". Cerrocoso.edu. Retrieved 2009-03-25.
- "South Gateway Student Apartments". Mammothstudentapartments.org. Retrieved 2013-06-17.