||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Schmidt (seated) in 1987.
Cerstin Schmidt (born 5 March 1963 in Zwickau, Saxony) is an East German luger who competed during the mid to late 1980s. She won the bronze medal in the women's singles event at the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary.
Schmidt also won three medals at the FIL World Luge Championships with one gold (1987) and two silvers (1981, 1985) as well as four medals at the FIL European Luge Championships with one gold (Women's singles: 1986), one silver (Mixed team: 1988) and two bronzes (Women's singles: 1984, 1988).
Schmidt won the overall Luge World Cup title in the women's singles twice (1984/5, 1986/7).
- Fuzilogik Sports - Winter Olympic results - Women's luge
- Hickoksports.com results on Olympic champions in luge and skelton.
- Hickok sports information on World champions in luge and skeleton.
- Kluge, Volker. (2000). Das große Lexikon der DDR-Sportler. Berlin: Schwarzkopf & Schwarzkopf. (German)
- List of European luge champions (German)
- List of women's singles luge World Cup champions since 1978.
- SportQuick.com information on World champions in luge (French)
|This biographical article relating to German luge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a German Winter Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|