Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice
The Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) is a QCF Level 3 UK specific qualification for mortgage advisers offered by The London Institute of Banking & Finance) which meets the standards required by the Financial Conduct Authority to practice as a 'licensed' adviser – 80% of UK advisers holding the qualification.
CeMAP qualification process
The qualification comprises seven mandatory units that are studied and assessed in three modules as follows:
- Unit 1 - Introduction to Financial Services Environment and Products
- Unit 2 - UK Financial Services and Regulation
- Unit 3 - Mortgage Law, Policy, Practice and Markets
- Unit 4 - Mortgage Applications
- Unit 5 - Mortgage Payment Methods and Products
- Unit 6 - Mortgage Arrears and Post Completion Issues
- Unit 7 - Assessment of Mortgage Advice and Knowledge
Higher level qualifications
The London Institute of Banking & Finance offers CeMAP holders a higher level CeMAP Diploma and existing mortgage advisers certificates in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER), Regulated Complaints Handling (CeRCH) and Regulated General Insurance (CeRGI).
- "Level 3 Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP®) - 501/0629/6". www.libf.ac.uk. Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- "CeMAP Diploma". www.libf.ac.uk. Retrieved 2016-11-09.
- "Qualifications in Mortgage Advice". www.libf.ac.uk. Retrieved 2016-10-04.