Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice
The Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) is a QCF Level 3 UK specific qualification for mortgage advisers offered by the Institute of Financial Services (the professional body of Ifs University College) which meets the standards required by the Financial Conduct Authority to practice as a 'licensed' adviser – 80% of UK advisers holding the qualification.
CeMAP qualification process
The qualification comprises seven mandatory units that are studied and assessed in three modules as follows:
- Unit 1 - Introduction to Financial Services Environment and Products
- Unit 2 - UK Financial Services and Regulation
- Unit 3 - Mortgage Law, Policy, Practice and Markets
- Unit 4 - Mortgage Applications
- Unit 5 - Mortgage Payment Methods and Products
- Unit 6 - Mortgage Arrears and Post Completion Issues
- Unit 7 - Assessment of Mortgage Advice and Knowledge
Higher level qualifications
The Institute of Financial Services offers CeMAP holders a higher level Diploma in Mortgage Advice and Practice (DipMAP) and existing mortgage advisers certificates in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER), Regulated Complaints Handling (CeRCH) and Regulated General Insurance (CeRGI).
- "ifs Level 3 Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP®) - 501/0629/6". institute.ifslearning.ac.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- "Qualifications in Mortgage Advice". institute.ifslearning.ac.uk. Retrieved 2015-06-01.