Certified Business Analysis Professional
The Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation is a professional certification and registered trademark from International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) granted to individuals with extensive business analysis experience. Business analysis practitioners must be accepted to sit for a three-and-a-half-hour situational analysis case-study exam based on the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK). Qualified individuals are awarded the designation "Certified Business Analysis Professional" upon passing the exam.
Applicants must possess at least five years' experience working in a business analyst capacity, with 7,500 verifiable hours of firsthand business analysis activity recorded against individual projects and specific BA tasks, spanning at least four of the six BABOK knowledge areas. Candidates must have earned at least thirty-five hours of professional development in areas related to Business Analysis in the last four years. Two letters of reference from career managers or clients are required.
Recertification is required every three years by providing evidence of sufficient ongoing professional development, business journal authorship or pro bono analysis work for nonprofits.
Recipients who attain the CBAP designation have an obligation to abide by the associated Code of Ethics.
As of January 1, 2018, 2,839 United States recipients held the CBAP designation, with a total of 8,025 worldwide.
- "CBAP Certification - IIBA | International Institute of Business Analysis". www.iiba.org. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- "CCBA Designation". Archived from the original on 30 October 2011. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "The Professional Association dedicated to promoting the business analysis profession worldwide - IIBA | International Institute of Business Analysis". www.iiba.org. Retrieved 2018-02-19.
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
-  at the IIBA
- SCANBA Certificate in Business Analytics at the Scandinavian Institute of Business Analytics OY
- The significance of CBAP certification in business analysis article at TechBuzzIn