|Other names||Bohemian Wire-haired Pointing Griffon|
Rough-coated Bohemian Pointer
|Dog (domestic dog)|
The Český Fousek is a Czech breed of versatile gun dog. They are wirehaired, and have the beard and moustache ("facial furnishings") common to the wirehaired breeds. There is a dramatic difference in size between the females and males of this breed. The Český Fousek written standards were first established in the nineteenth century. The breed nearly became extinct in the 1920s, and was saved by breeding with Stichelhaars.
A medium-sized breed with a coarse coat, the Český Fousek is an athletically built dog with a wiry, muscular body. Their most noticeable trait is their distinguishing facial fur. Their soft, bushy eyebrows, mustache, and beard are what make them so recognizable. Their velvety ears hang loosely to the side of their face, while their endearing almond-shaped eyes are deep-set, and can be amber or brown color.
Mid-sized dog. Males height 60–66 centimetres (24–26 in), females 58–62 centimetres (23–24 in). Weight for males 28–34 kilograms (62–75 lb), females 22–28 kilograms (49–62 lb).
Hunting dogs able to adapt to any sort of terrain and type of hunting. Can be used for upland and waterfowl hunting, as well as tracking large game. Fantastic family dog as well as an excellent hunting dog.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Český fousek.|
- Website of Klub Chovatelů Českých Fousků, the main breeding organization of the breed
- Cesky Fousek North America (formerly "Bohemian Wirehaired Pointing Griffon Club of America") is the U.S. breed club.
- Cesky Fousek Smugmug Gallery An extensive photo gallery of the Cesky Fousek maintained by the U.S. breed club.
- Tracing genetic resurrection of pointing dog breeds: Cesky Fousek as both survivor and rescuer
- Breed Profile: Cesky Fousek
- Neradilová, Silvie; Connell, Laurie; Hulva, Pavel; Černá Bolfíková, Barbora (2019-08-26). Palsson, Arnar (ed.). "Tracing genetic resurrection of pointing dog breeds: Cesky Fousek as both survivor and rescuer". PLOS ONE. 14 (8): e0221418. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0221418. ISSN 1932-6203.
- "Breed Standards : Cesky Fousek | United Kennel Club (UKC)". www.ukcdogs.com. United Kennel Club. Retrieved 16 October 2020.
- "Český Fousek Breed Information, Characteristics & Heath Problems". DogZone.com. Dog Zone. Retrieved 16 October 2020.
- www.ondrejdorcik.com, Ondrej Dorcik. "Slovensky hrubosrsty stavac - chovatelska stanica - Danibull". www.danibull.sk. Danibull Kennel. Retrieved 16 October 2020.
- "Slovakian Wirehaired Pointer Dog Breed Information". American Kennel Club. American Kennel Club. Retrieved 16 October 2020.
|This dog-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|