Cessna Township, Hardin County, Ohio
|Cessna Township, Hardin County, Ohio|
War of 1812 cemetery on Township Road 115
Location of Cessna Township, Hardin County, Ohio
|• Total||22.8 sq mi (59.1 km2)|
|• Land||22.8 sq mi (59.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,007 ft (307 m)|
|• Density||22.7/sq mi (8.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086258|
Located in the western center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Washington Township - north
- Blanchard Township - northeast corner
- Pleasant Township - east
- Buck Township - southeast
- Lynn Township - south
- McDonald Township - southwest
- Marion Township - west
- Liberty Township - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Cessna Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Hardin County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 16 May 2007.
- Kohler, Minnie Ichler (1910). A Twentieth Century History of Hardin County, Ohio: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Principal Interests,. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 21.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.