|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Past members||Rosalind Hunt |
Friends Hunt and Cullerier began singing together at the suggestion of Hunt's mother, singer Geraldine Hunt. Calling their duo Chéri, in 1982 they recorded a single, "Murphy's Law", which became their only Billboard Hot 100 entry, peaking at #39. The song also hit number-one on the Billboard Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart and is notable for its speed-up vocal chorus ("got it all together, dontcha baby"). The song was written by Geraldine Hunt and Daniel Joseph, and released on Venture Records.
Chéri continued to record, following up with another single "Give it to me Baby", and also that year released an album, Murphy's Law, which included the hit single. Some of Chéri's recordings featured Amy Roslyn instead of Cullerier.
In 1983 the band released the album Love Stew through the label 21 Records.
- Chéri, 21 Records (1982) Canada
- Murphy's Law, Venture Records (1982) US
- Love Stew, 21 Records (1983)
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Give It To Me Baby"||—||—|
|1983||"Working Girl"||—||—||Love Stew|
|"Small Town Lover"||—||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- Mark Kearney; Randy Ray (1999). The Great Canadian Book of Lists. Dundurn. pp. 188–. ISBN 978-0-88882-213-0.
- Norm N. Nite (1 September 1985). Rock on: the illustrated encyclopedia of rock n' roll : the video revolution, 1978-present. Harper & Row. p. 68. ISBN 978-0-06-181644-4.
- "Briefs: The 100 Greatest Lost Hits of The 80’s Part 2: #32". LOGO: Newnownext, 1/8/2016
- "Rhythm and Blues". The Canadian Encyclopedia, Jude Kelly, Daniel Caudeiron. 05/08/11
- "New on the Charts". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc.: 55– 10 April 1982. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Brian Chin (23 October 1982). "Dance Trax". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc.: 34–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- James Arena (30 March 2016). Legends of Disco: Forty Stars Discuss Their Careers. McFarland. pp. 100–101. ISBN 978-1-4766-2457-0.
- "Summer simmers with syncopated beat of some spunky disco sounds". Daily Iowan, July 6, 1983. page 7, Paul Soucek.