November 3, 1885|
|Died||June 28, 1976(aged 90)|
|Known for||Citrus taxonomy (Tanaka system)|
|Author abbrev. (botany)||Tanaka|
Chōzaburō Tanaka (田中 長三郎 Tanaka Chōzaburō) or often Romanized as Tyôzaburô Tanaka (November 3, 1885 in Osaka – June 28, 1976) was a Japanese botanist and mycologist. He established one of the two major taxonomic classification systems for citrus and related genera currently in use, and is now considered to be a taxonomic "splitter". He is the author of 180 botanical names in the citrus family Rutaceae, including for example Citrus × latifolia (Persian lime) and Citrus tangerina (tangerine). Many of the species Tanaka described are still recognized, but his overall scheme is not supported by modern genetic research.
- Tanaka, Tyôzaburô (1976). Nakao, Sasuke, ed. Tanaka's Cyclopedia of Edible Plants of the World (first ed.). Tokyo: Yugaku-sha (distributed by Keigaku Pub. Co.).
- Tanaka, Tyôzaburô (1932). A Monograph of the Satsuma Orange. Taihoku Imperial University.
- "Author Details: Tanaka, Tyôzaburô (1885-1976)". International Plant Names Index.
- Khan, Iqrar Ahmad (2007). Citrus genetics, breeding and biotechnology. CABI. p. 49. ISBN 0-85199-019-3.
- Page, Martin (2008). Growing Citrus: The Essential Gardener's Guide. Timber Press. p. 30. ISBN 978-0-88192-906-5.
- "Plant Name Query". International Plant Names Index
- IPNI. Tanaka.
- 吳明德; et al. (1998). An Atlas of Plants from Tanaka Collection at National Taiwan University Library. National Taiwan University Publication Center. ISBN 957-02-2482-7.[clarification needed]
- 吳明德; et al. (1998). Catalog of the Tanaka Collection at National Taiwan University Library. National Taiwan University Publication Center. ISBN 957-02-3227-7.[clarification needed]
|Wikispecies has information related to Chōzaburō Tanaka|
|This article about a Japanese botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|