Type of site
|Civil aviation news, aviation data|
ch-aviation is an airline intelligence provider based in Chur, Switzerland. It was founded in 1998 by Thomas Jaeger, former Head of Product Management of Mercator Asia. In 2012, Swiss entrepreneur Martial Saugy and Max Oldorf (former Head of Finance at InterSky Airlines) acquired shares in the company. Today the enterprise offers an aircraft, airline and airport database as well as consulting services.
The site maintains a 24-hour news feed covering global aviation news and events.
ch-aviation staff are located in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Croatia, Thailand and Zimbabwe.
ch-aviation operates an extensive aviation database covering the following aspects:
- Airlines: with base, detailed fleet information, status, stock-market symbol, and other select features;
- Airports: schedule data, information about aircraft operating at the airport, and other select features;
- Aircraft: tracking 37,500 individual aircraft with operator, former operator, construction number, age, registration, status, and other features;
- Schedules: schedules of 850+ airlines.
ch-aviation has published various analyses that have been cited within the airline industry. In December 2012 they revealed that the Bosporus & Gulf airlines have doubled their worldwide market share between 2007 and 2012. Another analysis in April 2013 stated that more than 30% of all European regional airlines have ceased operation since 2008.
- Emirates: Thomas Jaeger appointed as Head of Product Management, Mercator Asia
- "Middle East carriers racing for world market share – ch-aviation BLOG". www.ch-aviation.ch. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- "Studie - Europäischer Regionalflugmarkt bricht ein". airliners.de (in German). Retrieved 2017-03-03.