Cha Kee Chin
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament|
|Assumed office |
9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Teo Kok Seong |
|Member of the Negeri Sembilan State Legislative Assembly|
for Bukit Kepayang
8 March 2008 – 9 May 2018
|Preceded by||Chan Khee Voon |
|Succeeded by||Tan Lee Koon |
Cha Kee Chin
20 November 1974
Bukit Kepayang, Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
|Political party||Democratic Action Party (DAP)|
|Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
Pakatan Rakyat (PR)
|Cha Kee Chin on Parliament of Malaysia|
Cha Kee Chin (simplified Chinese: 谢琪清; traditional Chinese: 謝琪清; pinyin: Xiè Qíqīng; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Chiā Kî-chhiⁿ) is a Malaysian politician who has served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Rasah since May 2018. He served as Member of the Negeri Sembilan State Legislative Assembly (MLA) for Bukit Kepayang from March 2008 to May 2018. He is a member of the Democratic Action Party (DAP), a component party of the Pakatan Harapan (PH) opposition coalition.
Request for probe into distribution of food baskets
On 25 April 2020, Cha wrote a letter to then Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin to request him to order a probe into the distribution of food baskets to lower-income (B40, meaning Bawah 40%, the 40% bottom, describing the 40% people with lowest income) group affected by the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure transparency and prevent abuse. Cha questioned the costs of food baskets, which he claimed they only costed RM 35, in strong contradiction with the guidelines of the Ministry of Finance which outlined that they cost RM 100 and each MP would receive 1,000 baskets. Cha also shared that prior to writing Muhyiddin the letter, he had checked with the State Welfare Department of Negeri Sembilan on the remaining and unsent 850 food baskets and the department was unable to provide him a satisfactory reply.
|2008||N21 Bukit Kepayang, P130 Rasah||Cha Kee Chin (DAP)||9,333||70.95%||Chan Kee Voon (Gerakan)||3,633||27.62%||13,154||5,700||79.67%|
|2013||Cha Kee Chin (DAP)||13,981||74.22%||Wong Oi Foon (Gerakan)||4,524||24.02%||18,837||9,457||86.40%|
|Vijaiyan Sivanathan (IND)||130||0.69%|
|2018||P130 Rasah, N. Sembilan||Cha Kee Chin (DAP)||61,806||72.45%||Ng Kian Nam (MCA)||14,939||17.51%||86,655||46,867||84.26%|
|Khairil Annuar Wafa (PAS)||8,260||9.68%|
|A. David Dass (PAP)||302||0.36%|
|2022||Cha Kee Chin (DAP)||81,434||68.04%||Ng Kian Nam (MCA)||19,447||16.25%||119,691||61,987||76.78%|
|David Choong Vee Hing (GERAKAN)||18,810||15.72%|
- "Laman Utama Spacer Profile Ahli Dewan". Parlimen.gov.my. Retrieved 4 September 2017.
- "Inspired by the family doctor - Community - The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my.
- "Rasah MP urges probe into distribution of food baskets to B40 group". thestar. 25 April 2020.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Malaysia General Election". undiinfo Malaysian Election Data. Malaysiakini. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Results only available from the 2004 election.
- "KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM 13". Sistem Pengurusan Maklumat Pilihan Raya Umum (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "my undi : Kawasan & Calon-Calon PRU13 : Keputusan PRU13 (Archived copy)". www.myundi.com.my. Archived from the original on 31 March 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum ke-13". Utusan Malaysia. Archived from the original on 21 March 2018. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "SEMAKAN KEPUTUSAN PILIHAN RAYA UMUM KE - 14" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 17 May 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.
- "Federal Government Gazette, Results of Contested Election Parliamentary Constituencies for the State of Negeri Sembilan" (PDF). Election Commission. Retrieved 13 Jun 2018. Percentage figures based on total turnout.