Location in Sistan and Baluchestan Province
Location of Sistan and Baluchestan Province in Iran
|Province||Sistan and Baluchestan|
|Bakhsh (Districts)||Central District, Dashtiari District, Polan District|
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
|Chabahar County can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "9206420" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".|
Chabahar County (Persian: شهرستان چابهار; formerly Chah Bahar County (Persian: شهرستان چاه بهار) is a county in Sistan and Baluchestan Province, Iran. The capital of the county is Chabahar. At the 2006 census, the county's population (including portions subsequently detached from the county to form Qasr-e Qand County) was 214,017, in 41,532 families; excluding those portions, the population in 2006 was 199,766, in 38,468 families. The county is subdivided into three districts: the Central District, Dashtiari District, and Polan District. The county has two cities: Chabahar and Negur.
As of 2008, more than half of the population were living in rural areas; the urban population is 77,128, of which a majority reside in Chabahar city. The aboriginal residents in the city of Chabahar are the Baluchis. In recent years, many people have immigrated to Chabahar from other parts of Iran to find a better life. Immigration changed Chabahar's face dramatically. Today Chabahar has a mix of different ethnicities including Baluchs, Turks, Sistanis (Zabolis), and other peoples of Iran.
Traditionally, the people of Chabahar County were employed in fishing and agriculture, with some coastal trade. In the 1970s Iran established a naval station and an air base there. In the 1980s the port facilities at Chabahar were developed during the Iraq-Iran war, and further developed in the 1990s. The Chabahar Free Trade-Industrial Zone was established in 1992. These developments changed the county from primarily rural, to an urban–rural mix.
Chabahar County is the site of Iran's ballistic missile test range.
- "اطلس گیتاشناسی استانهای ایران" [Atlas of the Geographical Regions of Iran]. Gitashenasi institute.
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- Sistan and Baluchistan annual population statistics 2008:"Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2010-07-15.
- Iraj, Afshar Sistani (1993). چابهار و دریای پارس [Chabahar and the Persian Gulf (Pars Sea)] (in Persian). Zahedan, Iran: Sediqi. pp. 356–361.
- "Official underlines importance of Chabahar port for India". Fars News Agency. 19 September 2014. Archived from the original on 26 September 2014.
- Taleshi, Mostafa (2011). "Informal Settlement Typology in the South East of Iran Case Study: Chabahar City" (PDF). Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research. 7 (6): 1045–1049. Archived (PDF) from the original on 8 December 2015.
- "Iran tested missile, breaching U.N. council resolutions: officials". Reuters News Service. 8 December 2015. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015.
- Penad, Abdolsamad; Fazeli, Mostafa (2012). "گردشگري روستایی راهبردي اساسی براي توسعه روستایی مورد: روستاي تیس(ناحیه چابهار) [Rural Tourism, Fundamental Strategy for Rural Development in Tis village]". مجموعه مقالات اولین همایش ملی توسعه سواحل مکران و اقتدار دریایی جمهوری اسلامی ایران ۲۸ الی ۳۰ بهمن ماه ۱۳۹۱ [Proceedings of the First National Conference on the Makran coastal development and maritime authority of the Islamic Republic of Iran 28 to 30 February 1391] (PDF) (in Persian). Chabahar: Department of Maritime and Marine Science, University of Chabahar. Archived (PDF) from the original on 26 November 2013.
- "قبرستان جنها در روستای تیس" [Jinn cemetery in the village of Tis] (in Persian). Nafee. 6 December 2014. Archived from the original on 24 March 2015.
- "آغاز به کار جشنواره تابستانی مونسون در منطقه آزاد چابهار" [Summer Monsoon festival begins in Chabahar] (in Persian). 31 August 2015. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015.
- "جشنواره بومی محلی در روستای تیس شهرستان چابهار برگزار می شود" [Local Indigenous Festival held in the village of Tis, Chabahar] (in Persian). 30 September 2015. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015.
- Roudi, Ahrari; Khargerdi, Shahrokhi (2008). "Geotourism in Chabahar" (PDF). Geosciences (in Persian). 17 (67): 46–53. Archived (PDF) from the original on 29 December 2013.
- Niavand, Aboobakr; Salarzehi, Habibollah; Tash, Mohammad Nabi Shahiki (2014). "A Study of Strategic Role of Chabahar Free Zone on Tourism Industry Development Using SWOT Model in Iran" (PDF). International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences. 4 (2). doi:10.6007/IJARBSS/v4-i2/618.
|This Chabahar County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|