||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Feels like an ad for Ackerman. WP:REPEATLINKs about and poor, self-published references as well. (May 2014)|
Chad Ackerman singing at Cornerstone Festival in Illinois.
|Birth name||Chad Daniel Ackerman|
|Born||November 30, 1983|
|Genres||Post-hardcore, alternative rock, acoustic, heavy metal|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician, producer|
|Associated acts||A Veil, Destroy the Runner, Austrian Death Machine, Chapter 14, Count Your Curses, Die Trying|
Chad Ackerman (born November 30, 1983) is a rock singer, songwriter, musician, writer, director, actor, producer, and a vegan. Ackerman's debut as a singer/songwriter was on November 30, 2012 under the name "A Veil" with an album entitled The in Between. Chad has also been the vocalist for the bands Chapter 14, and Count Your Curses. He was the voice parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger for the band Austrian Death Machine. Chad was previously the vocalist for the band Destroy The Runner, guitarist for As I Lay Dying, and Die Trying.
Ackerman began his music career at age 16 with the San Diego, California band Skratchline on Rescue Records playing rhythm guitar. In 2002-3, Ackerman played rhythm guitar with As I Lay Dying at a number of live performances, including a full U.S. tour after his graduation from San Marcos High School. He did not appear on any of As I Lay Dying's studio recordings from that period, although he provided some backing vocals for their 2007 album An Ocean Between Us.
In 2005, he started the band Chapter 14 with Joel Piper of Confide, Noah Slifka of In Fear and Faith, and Michael Catalano of Destroy The Runner and Chiodos. Ackerman was the band's vocalist and founder. Chapter 14 went on two U.S. tours in 2005 and 2006 with unsigned self releases. In 2006, Chad filled in for the band Die Trying on Island Records, playing guitar for three months in Sacramento. The band broke up in the fall of 2007.
In the fall of 2007 Ackerman joined Destroy the Runner as the new vocalist, replacing previous vocalist Kyle Setter. The band did two U.S. tours with Ackerman, promoting their debut record Saints. Destroy The Runner then recorded their second studio album I, Lucifer in Baltimore with producer Brian McTernan. I, Lucifer was released on April 15, 2008 and the band has done three U.S. tours and one European tour promoting the album.
In 2008, Ackerman teamed up with vocalist Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying to record Total Brutal, the debut album for Lambesis' comic side project Austrian Death Machine. Ackerman voices all of the "Ahhnold" impersonations on Total Brutal and for the band's bonus disc A Very Brutal Christmas also in 2008.
Ackerman was working on the third Destroy The Runner album set to be released in 2010, but the band has since broken up as stated on their MySpace page. Chad has done several interviews about the breakup, and has started up Chapter 14 again with Tanner Sparks(Destroy The Runner bassist). Ackerman was the vocalist of Count Your Curses, a three-piece trip-hop/electro rock group formed in January 2011. The project was a long-distance collaboration between Chad, kmotiv (Programming, Synth, and Keyboards) and Sean Sallings (Guitars, Bass, & Percussion); the band self-released 3 singles in 2011–2012. Chad is also currently producing bands, solo artists, and musicians.
On November 29, 2012 Chad announced on his Facebook page that his debut release under the name "A Veil" was on YouTube, and that the album would be free for download or "name your own price" on November 30, 2012. This is Ackerman's first attempt as a singer/songwriter, and the album is entitled The in Between.
On May 30, 2013, the music video for "Tombs" was screened at the Portland Music Video Festival at the historical Hollywood Theater in downtown Portland,OR.
With A Veil
With Count Your Curses
- Zombie B-Boy (single), 2011; self-released
- Be Advised (single), 2012; self-released
- By A Thread (single), 2012; self-released
With Chapter 14
- Like Trees in November (5-song extended play), 2010; self-released
- The Bad Shepherd (single); self-released
With Destroy The Runner
- Total Brutal, 2008
- A Very Brutal Christmas, 2008 (EP)
- Jingle All the Way (single), 2011, "I'm Not A Pervert"
With As I Lay Dying
- An Ocean Between Us, 2007 (backing vocals/screams)
- This Is Who We Are, 2009 (DVD) (performance/vocals on the song "Illusions")
- Like Trees in November (5 song E.P.), 2010; self-released
- The Bad Shepherd (single), 2011; self-released
- Lower Definition - The Infinite Et Cetera, 2011; self-released
- Count Your Curses Distance, 2012; self-released
- A Veil 2012 – The in Between'
- "Tombs" music video
- "Tombs" – A Veil – music video – as Chicken – 2012
- "Repeater" – No Bragging Rights – music video – as Marine – 2012
- Terror Vortex – feature film – as Experimental Patient – 2013
- "Tombs" music video – 2012
- "The Bad Shepherd" music video – 2012
On June 24, 2013 Ackerman received an Award of Excellence for Male Vocalist from the La Jolla Global Music Awards (GMA) for the album The in Between, as well as an Award of Merit for the "Tombs" music video.
Chad has worked for two non-profit organizations, the ONE Campaign and Invisible Children. Ackerman helped create the One Campaign's Myspace page in 2005, and was asked to help manage it until March 2009. In 2007, Chad was hired by Invisible Children to recruit bands and musicians to promote their cause.
- Ryan's Rock Show. "Why Destroy The Runner Broke Up: Vocalist Chad Ackerman Tells All".
- About.com. "Destroy The Runner Interview"
- Indie Vision Music. "Farewell From Chad Ackerman of DTR"
- Something Punk. "Chad Ackerman Says Goodbye To Destroy The Runner Fans"
- Absolute Punk "Destroy the Runner — I, Lucifer"
- San Diego Reader. Chapter 14 "We're Back,Full Throttle"
- Gun Shy Assassin "Chapter 14’s Chad Ackerman: The Gun Shy Interview"
- Pure Grain Audio "Chapter 14 interview with Chad Ackerman"
- Bloody Disgusting Review
- Horror Bug Review 
- San Diego Reader Review/Interview
- Punk World Views Review/Interview
- La Jolla Global Music Awards 
- "Chad Ackerman Interview – Destroy The Runner Interview". Heavymetal.about.com. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "AUSTRIAN DEATH MACHINE Album To Be Released in Spite of Tim Lambesis' Ongoing Trial". Metal Injection. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- Neilstein, Vince. "Austrian Death Machine Album Will Be Released Despite Ongoing Tim Lambesis Trial". MetalSucks. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "destroy the runner". Indie Vision Music. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "The Event". Portland Music Video Festival. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "iTunes – Music – The in Between by A Veil". Itunes.apple.com. October 3, 2013. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "A Veil". Aveil.bandcamp.com. November 30, 2012. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "A Veil – Tombs". YouTube. November 30, 2012. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "No Bragging Rights "Repeater" (Official Music Video)". YouTube. November 30, 2012. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "Chapter 14 – The Bad Shepherd". YouTube. July 22, 2013. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "Music Talent Competition | Global Music Awards | 858-779-1420". Thegma.net. April 25, 2014. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "2013 | Great Lakes International Film Festival". Greatlakesfilmfest.com. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- horrorbug (November 1, 2012). "A Veil: Tombs (Music Video)". HorrorBug. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "A Veil". San Diego Reader. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "Check Out: A Veil". PunkWorldViews.com. November 16, 2012. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- A Veil
- Chapter 14 on Facebook
- Destroy The Runner at MySpace
- Chad Ackerman at Facebook
- Count Your Curses Website
- "Chad's reviews on film"