Gilbert performing with New Found Glory at the o2 Academy Bournemouth in 2010.
|Birth name||Chad Everett Gilbert|
|Also known as||XChadballX, Captain Straightedge, Whats eating Gilbert|
|Genres||Pop punk, metalcore, melodic hardcore|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, record producer|
|Labels||Epitaph, Bridge 9, Geffen, Drive-Thru, Eulogy, Fiddler|
|Associated acts||New Found Glory, Shai Hulud, International Superheroes of Hardcore, Hazen Street, Paramore, What's Eating Gilbert, Fall Out Boy, A Day to Remember|
|Gibson Les Paul|
Chad Everett Gilbert is an American musician and record producer. He is a founding member of the rock band New Found Glory, for whom he plays lead guitar, composes music and provides backing vocals. He was also the lead vocalist for New Found Glory's now-defunct side-project, International Superheroes of Hardcore. Additionally, Gilbert was the vocalist for the hardcore punk band Shai Hulud between 1995 and 1998, and he rejoined the band in 2012.
Gilbert recently began producing records, notably H2O's Nothing to Prove and A Day to Remember's three most recent albums, Homesick, What Separates Me from You and Common Courtesy. In 2010, Gilbert announced he would release solo material online, free of charge, and has released several demos and 7" vinyl records under the name What's Eating Gilbert.
Gilbert is divorced from Sherri DuPree from the rock band Eisley. Since 2008, he has been in a relationship with Paramore's lead vocalist and keyboardist Hayley Williams. On December 31, 2014, Williams and Gilbert announced that they had become engaged after Gilbert proposed on Christmas Day. They were married on February 20, 2016.
On January 26, 2010, Gilbert reported that "suspicious cells" had been found in his thyroid and he would be getting half of his thyroid surgically removed. Four days later, Gilbert posted on his Twitter that the surgery had been a success and no cancer had been found.
With Shai Hulud
- 1997: A Profound Hatred of Man (EP)
- 1997: Hearts Once Nourished with Hope and Compassion
- 1998: The Fall of Every Man (Split EP)
- 2013: Reach Beyond the Sun
With New Found Glory
- 1997: It's All About The Girls (EP)
- 1999: Nothing Gold Can Stay
- 2000: From the Screen to Your Stereo (EP)
- 2000: New Found Glory
- 2002: Sticks and Stones
- 2004: Catalyst
- 2006: Coming Home
- 2007: From the Screen to Your Stereo Part II
- 2008: Hits
- 2008: Tip of the Iceberg (EP)
- 2009: Not Without a Fight
- 2011: Radiosurgery
- 2013: Kill It Live
- 2014: Resurrection
With International Superheroes of Hardcore
With What's Eating Gilbert
- 2010: Dear God
- 2010: Thinkin' Bout Her
- 2010: What I'd Do
- 2012: Nashville Sessions
- 2012: Cheap Shots
- 2013: Solid Gold Hits (compilation of the four previous 7" vinyl EPs)
- 2015: That New Sound You're Looking For
With Hazen Street
- 2004: Hazen Street
- 2008: H2O – Nothing to Prove
- 2009: A Day to Remember – Homesick
- 2009: Fireworks – All I Have to Offer Is My Own Confusion
- 2010: The Dear & Departed – Chapters
- 2010: Terror – Keepers of the Faith
- 2010: A Day to Remember – What Separates Me from You
- 2011: This Time Next Year – Drop Out of Life
- 2011: Trapped Under Ice – Big Kiss Goodnight
- 2012: Candy Hearts – The Best Ways to Disappear
- 2012: Set Your Goals
- 2012: Shai Hulud – Reach Beyond the Sun
- 2013: Lisa Loeb – No Fairy Tale (album)
- 2013: State Champs – The Finer Things
- 2013: A Day to Remember – Common Courtesy
- 2014: Candy Hearts – All the Ways You Let Me Down
- 2015: H2O – Use Your Voice
- Guest vocals on Fall Out Boy's "I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me"
- Guitar on Fall Out Boy's "The Take Over, the Breaks Over"
- Guest vocals on Throwdown's "The Only Thing" from the album Haymaker
- Guest vocals on Set Your Goals' "Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On" from the album This Will Be the Death of Us
- Guest vocals on Say Anything's song "You're the Wanker, If Anyone Is" from the album In Defense of the Genre
- Guest vocals on Madball's song "My Armor" from the album Hardcore Lives
- "New Found Glory". All Music. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- "New Found Glory Profile Page". Music Emissions. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- "New Found Glory Biography". Artists Direct. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- "Shai Hulud, page 1 – Calendar – Seattle Weekly". 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- McLaughlin, Moira E. (April 18, 2008). "Eisley: Rock and Relatives". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on February 22, 2016. Retrieved February 22, 2016.
- Reid, Sean (September 2008). "New Found Glory Confirms He's Dating Hayley Williams". Alter The Press!. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Hogan, Marc (March 13, 2013). "Hayley Williams on Love, Haters, and 'Paramore's Soap Opera'". Spin. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- "Hayley Williams and Chad Gilbert Married". AbsolutePunk.
- Gilbert, Chad
- Gilbert, Chad. 10:42 AM Jan 30th>
- Homesick: Special Edition Deluxe (Booklet). A Day to Remember. Victory. 2009. p. 34. VR550.
- What Separates Me from You (Booklet). A Day to Remember. Victory. 2010. VR603.
- Common Courtesy (Digital booklet). A Day to Remember. ADTR, LLC. 2013.
- All the Ways You Let Me Down (Digital booklet). Candy Hearts. Bridge Nine Records. 2014.