Gilbert performing with New Found Glory at the o2 Academy Bournemouth in 2010.
Chad Everett Gilbert|
March 9, 1981
Chad Everett Gilbert (born March 9, 1981) is an American musician and record producer. He is a founding member of the rock band New Found Glory, for whom he plays lead guitar, sings backing vocals, and composes music. He was also the lead vocalist for New Found Glory's now-defunct side-project, International Superheroes of Hardcore. Additionally, Gilbert was the vocalist for the hardcore punk band Shai Hulud between 1995 and 1998, and he rejoined the band in 2012.
Gilbert recently began producing records, notably H2O's Nothing to Prove and A Day to Remember's albums, Homesick, What Separates Me from You and Common Courtesy. In 2010, Gilbert announced he would release solo material online, free of charge, and has released several demos and 7" vinyl records under the name What's Eating Gilbert.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2017)
Gilbert is divorced from Sherri DuPree from the rock band Eisley. Since 2008, he had been in a relationship with Paramore's lead vocalist and keyboardist Hayley Williams. On December 31, 2014, Williams and Gilbert announced that they had become engaged after Gilbert proposed on Christmas Day. They were married on February 20, 2016. The couple announced on July 1, 2017, that they were separating.
On January 26, 2010, Gilbert reported that "suspicious cells" had been found in his thyroid and he would be getting half of his thyroid surgically removed. Four days later, Gilbert posted on his Twitter that the surgery had been a success and no cancer had been found.
With Shai Hulud
With New Found Glory
- Nothing Gold Can Stay (1999)
- New Found Glory (2000)
- Sticks and Stones (2002)
- Catalyst (2004)
- Coming Home (2006)
- Not Without a Fight (2009)
- Radiosurgery'. (2011)
- Resurrection (2014)
- Makes Me Sick (2017)
With International Superheroes of Hardcore
With What's Eating Gilbert
- Dear God (2010)
- Thinkin' Bout Her (2010)
- What I'd Do (2010)
- Nashville Sessions (2012)
- Cheap Shots (2012)
- Solid Gold Hits (compilation of the four previous 7" vinyl EPs) (2013)
- That New Sound You're Looking For (2015)
With Hazen Street
- Hazen Street (2004)
- 2008: H2O – Nothing to Prove
- 2009: A Day to Remember – Homesick
- 2009: Fireworks – All I Have to Offer Is My Own Confusion
- 2010: The Dear & Departed – Chapters
- 2010: Terror – Keepers of the Faith
- 2010: A Day to Remember – What Separates Me from You
- 2011: This Time Next Year – Drop Out of Life
- 2011: Trapped Under Ice – Big Kiss Goodnight
- 2012: Candy Hearts – The Best Ways to Disappear
- 2012: Set Your Goals
- 2012: Shai Hulud – Reach Beyond the Sun
- 2013: Lisa Loeb – No Fairy Tale (album)
- 2013: State Champs – The Finer Things
- 2013: A Day to Remember – Common Courtesy
- 2014: Candy Hearts – All the Ways You Let Me Down
- 2015: H2O – Use Your Voice
- Guest vocals on Fall Out Boy's "I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me"
- Guitar on Fall Out Boy's "The Take Over, the Breaks Over"
- Guest vocals on Throwdown's "The Only Thing" from the album Haymaker
- Guest vocals on Set Your Goals' "Our Ethos: A Legacy to Pass On" from the album This Will Be the Death of Us
- Guest vocals on Say Anything's song "You're the Wanker, If Anyone Is" from the album In Defense of the Genre
- Guest vocals on Madball's song "My Armor" from the album Hardcore Lives
- "New Found Glory". All Music. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- "New Found Glory Biography". Artists Direct. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- Spencer, Trey. "New Found Glory: Tip Of The Iceberg EP and Takin' It Ova!". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved 17 May 2008.
- "Shai Hulud, page 1 – Calendar – Seattle Weekly". 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-19.
- "Oscar Isaac, Brittany Snow: Today's celebrity birthdays list (March 9, 2017)". Cleveland. Retrieved June 30, 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on January 3, 2010. Retrieved January 1, 2010.
- McLaughlin, Moira E. (April 18, 2008). "Eisley: Rock and Relatives". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on February 22, 2016. Retrieved February 22, 2016.
- Reid, Sean (September 2008). "New Found Glory Confirms He's Dating Hayley Williams". Alter The Press!. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Hogan, Marc (March 13, 2013). "Hayley Williams on Love, Haters, and 'Paramore's Soap Opera'". Spin. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- hayley from Paramore [@yelyahwilliams] (1 January 2015). "Hey guess what?" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Chad Gilbert [@XChadballX] (1 January 2015). "Popped the question on Christmas Day! #micdrop" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Hayley Williams and Chad Gilbert Married". AbsolutePunk.
- Fernandez, Alexia (July 1, 2017). "Paramore's Hayley Williams Announces Split from New Found Glory's Chad Gilbert: 'We Remain Close Friends'". People. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Gilbert, Chad
- Gilbert, Chad. 10:42 AM Jan 30th>
- "Chad Gilbert" (video). www.onelifeonechance.com. April 7, 2010. Retrieved April 4, 2017.
- Homesick: Special Edition Deluxe (Booklet). A Day to Remember. Victory. 2009. p. 34. VR550.
- What Separates Me from You (Booklet). A Day to Remember. Victory. 2010. VR603.
- Common Courtesy (Digital booklet). A Day to Remember. ADTR, LLC. 2013.
- All the Ways You Let Me Down (Digital booklet). Candy Hearts. Bridge Nine Records. 2014.