|Born:||September 15, 1986|
Simi Valley, California
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight:||201 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Simi Valley (CA) Grace Brethren|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
Charles "Chad" Kackert (born September 15, 1986) is a former Canadian football running back who played for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at New Hampshire. He was also a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National Football League (NFL).
Early years and college career
Kackert didn't perform at the NFL Combine (due to not getting an invite) but his performance at Jimmy Kibble's combine allowed him to get a tryout with the Jacksonville Jaguars which signed him to their practice squad.
Kackert signed with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League on February 14, 2011. Partway through the 2012 CFL season the Argonauts released Cory Boyd, making Kackert the starting tailback. He would finish the season with 638 yards, 5 touchdowns and a rushing average of 6.3 yards per carry. On November 25, 2012, Kackert was named the Most Valuable Player of the 100th Grey Cup, where he helped the Argonauts defeat the Calgary Stampeders 35–22. Despite rumours that he might try and sign with a NFL team, Kackert re-signed with the Argonauts at the start of free agency. During the 2013 season, Kackert suffered an ankle injury which eventually led to his retirement from football just prior to the start of the 2014 season. On the same date that he announced his retirement, Kackert was named the strength and conditioning coach for the Argonauts 
On September 27, 2014, Kackert came out of retirement, and was added to the Argonauts' practice roster. On Wednesday, October 15, 2014, the Toronto Argonauts released Kackert from the practice roster. He was released one week after suffering a right hamstring injury and was expected to miss the next 4–6 weeks. Upon his release, he re-assumed the role of Strength and Conditioning coach of the Toronto Argonauts.
On June 21, 2015, Kackert re-signed with the Argonauts and was added to their practice roster. He would ultimately play in 7 games, recording 235 rushing yards on 39 carries with no touchdowns, while also recording 10 catches for 76 receiving yards & no touchdowns.
In 2016, Kackert spent the entire season on the Argonauts' practice roster.
- "Argos: Chad Kackert's heart told him to sign with Toronto". The Star. The Star. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- "THE NFL COMBINE IS NOT THE ONLY COMBINE IN INDY THIS WEEK". Newsweek. Newsweek. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- "Jaguars 2010 draft class". Jacksonville Jaguars. Retrieved July 27, 2011.
- https://www.cfl.ca/article/fa13-grey-cup-mvp-kackert-re-signs-intoronto Kackert resigns with the Argonauts
- "404". TSN. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- http://www.argonauts.ca/article/toronto-argonauts-add-rb-chad-kackert-to-practice-roster Toronto Argonauts press release
- "RB Kackert resumes coaching duties with Argonauts after injury - Article - TSN". tsn.ca. October 15, 2014. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "CHAD KACKERT ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM FOOTBALL ON INSTAGRAM". CBC. CBC. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- "chadkackert on Twitter".