Write This Down (band)
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Write This Down|
|Genres||Post-hardcore, Christian rock, hard rock, screamo|
|Labels||Tooth & Nail|
|Website||Write This Down on Myspace|
|Past members||Johnny Collier
Write This Down is an American Christian rock band from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Formed in 2005, the band consists of vocalists and guitarists Nate Rockwell and Mike Kuwica, bassist Nick Lombardo and drummer Chad Nichols. Their music has been featured on Internet-based radio stations, receiving regular rotation on RadioU and ChristianRock.Net. On May 10, 2010, their album, Write This Down, peaked at No. 45 on Billboard's Christian Albums chart.
The band was formed in 2005 and, after several line-up changes, the band consisted of Johnny Collier, Andy Kalyvas, Chad Nichols, John Oberbeck and Nate Rockwell. The name came after a song on pop-punk band Cartel's "The Ransom EP". In 2007, Write This Down released two self-produced EPs. Although their first EP is titled Alarm the Alarm, the original version of the song "Alarm the Alarm" does not appear on this recording. It is released on the Write This Down EP, which was released on September 3, 2007.
After releasing two independent EPs, Write This Down signed to Tooth & Nail Records to record their first full-length studio album. Oberbeck and Kalyvas left the band prior to recording the album. Since then they have added Nick Lombardo and Mike Kuwica to the lineup. Their self-titled album, Write This Down, was released on April 20, 2010.
A second album, Lost Weekend, was released on May 22, 2012. After extensive touring, Johnny Collier decided to leave the band for personal reasons. However, they announced that they're working on a five-track EP and "hopefully a full length to shortly follow". On November 24, 2015, Write This Down self-released their third EP, Foundations, making it the first release without Johnny Collier.
- Current members
- Chad Nichols – drums (since 2005)
- Nate Rockwell – guitar, vocals (since 2005)
- Mike Kuwica – guitar, vocals (since 2011)
- Nick Lombardo - bass (since 2009)
- Former members
- Johnny Collier – lead vocals (2005-2014)
- Jared Kocka – guitar (2008-2010)
- Andy Kalyvas – bass (2005–2009)
- Aaron Rockwell – guitar (2007-2008)
- John Oberbeck – guitar (2005–2007)
- Studio albums
|April 20, 2010||Write This Down||Tooth & Nail Records|
|June 5, 2012||Lost Weekend|
|February 2, 2007||Alarm the Alarm||(independent)|
|September 3, 2007||Write This Down||(independent)|
|November 24, 2015||Foundations||(independent)|
|2010||"Renegade"||—||Write This Down|
|"Alarm the Alarm"||3|
|"Center of Attention"||2|
- United States. "Write This Down | Gratis muziek, tourneedata, foto's, video's". Myspace.com. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- "Ten Most Wanted >> RADIOU.COM". Tvulive.com. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- "Artists". Christianrock.net. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- "Write This Down - Write This Down". billboard.com. May 10, 2010. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- "Write This Down, "Alarm The Alarm EP" Review". Jesusfreakhideout.com. February 2, 2007. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- "Write This Down, "Write This Down EP" Review". Jesusfreakhideout.com. September 3, 2007. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- "Lost Weekend by Write This Down on iTunes". iTunes. Retrieved September 19, 2016.