|Birth name||Andrew Chad Richardson|
|Born||St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada|
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
Chad Richardson (l is a Canadian musician from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada). He released two rock albums on the Aquarius label in the 1990s. Richardson also appeared in the Canadian musical theatre production of Rent.
While attending the music program at Concordia University in Montreal, Richardson won a nationwide search by HMV for Canada's "best undiscovered vocalist", which led to the recording of his first independent album 2 People. In 1997, Richardson won the Homegrown contest sponsored by Toronto radio station Q107. This led to the production of his second record, The Legends of Brud, which features eleven songs he wrote himself, and a record deal with Aquarius/EMI.
While recording The Legends of Brud, Richardson auditioned for the Canadian production of the Broadway musical Rent, landing the lead and soon after receiving a Dora nomination for his performance. After the show's run he was transferred to the Broadway production. While in New York, he produced his third album no. 1 fan, and also appeared as a young David Bowie in the video for "The Pretty Things Are Going to Hell".
Richardson was one half of the production/songwriting team jACK (along with partner Craig McConnell). The pair won the USA Songwriting Competition for best R&B song in 2002. As jACK the pair also has releases by Canadian R and B artist Keshia Chante (HUSH) and multiple releases in Japan with artists such as Crystal Kay and Chemistry. jACK also had multiple TV and film placements.
In 2010 Chad and Shaista Ahmed formed the TV production company, LATO Productions. LATO had its first TV property, The Health Hunters optioned to Temple Street Productions and continued on to the development phase.
In early 2011 Chad was hired by ole music publishing as a Toronto Creative Manager. Later in 2011 he accepted a promotion to Creative Director of the Los Angeles office. While at ole Chad proudly signed rock icon Steven Tyler, super-producer Timbaland and a host of incredible songwriters and producers including Allison Kaplan, Mynority and Clare Reynolds. In Jan of 2014 Chad moved over to Canada's PRO SOCAN to head up Los Angeles operations as GM of LA.
Chad is one of the most sought after curators in the industry for high level A list Song camps. He’s run over 20 camps to date in locations all over the world such as London, Sweden , Nicaragua, Greece and Los Angeles with some of the top songwriters in the world such as Brian Lee, Coffee, Jenna Andrews, Deputy...
In 2018 he formed The S.O.N.G. Space, a networking community for artists and songwriters of all levels of success. Songwriting, Opportunity, Network, Growth.
Various artists compilations
- 1996 Q107 Homegrown Album Volume 17 (MCA Records)
- Library and Archives Canada. "AMICUS No. 17118375". collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Library and Archives Canada. "AMICUS No. 27159765". collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- Lefkowitz, David (23 June 1998). "Canadian Opera's Oedipus Wins 8 Dora Awards Archived 19 October 2012 at the Wayback Machine.", Playbill.com. Retrieved 27 January 2011
- "Chad it is, then". The Globe and Mail. 27 October 1997. p. C1.
- Kovarik, Lisa (20 November 1998). "Chasing a dream: Rent catapulted Chad Richardson into the spotlight – now he's hoping to focus more on his own music", The Telegram, p. 13.
- Bliss, Karen (9 September 1999). "Cdn. actor in new Bowie video", Jam! Music. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- CHARTattack Staff (9 January 2004). "Queer Eye Culture Guru Jai Rodriguez Preps Album". www.chartattack.com. Chart. Retrieved 26 January 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Chad Richardson Artist Profile". rateyourmusic.com. Rate Your Music. Retrieved 26 January 2011.