Spann during the 2011 NFL season
|No. 30 Saskatchewan Roughriders|
|Date of birth:||August 4, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Indianapolis, Indiana|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Roster status:||Practice squad|
|Career NFL statistics|
Chad "Supe" Spann (born August 4, 1988) is an American football running back for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Northern Illinois University.
In 2010, as a college senior, he rushed for 1,388 yards and led the nation with 22 touchdowns, and contributed to the Huskies first 11 win season.
Spann attended North Central High School in Indianapolis, where he was a first team all-state selection his senior season. He holds the school single-season and career rushing yardage and touchdown records.
- 2010 Vern Smith Leadership Award Winner
- 2010 MAC Offensive Player of the Year
- 2x 1st Team All MAC
- Back to Back 1000 yd seasons
- Led nation in rushing TDs (2010)
- Second on NIU's all-time list for career rushing touchdowns
- Walter Camp Foundation National Player of the Week (9/25)
On July 29, 2011, He signed with the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent. On September 4, 2011, He was placed on injured reserve due to a hamstring injury. On September 6, 2011, He received an injury settlement.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Jets
- "Chad Spann NIU biography".
- "Football’s Chad Spann wins Vern Smith Award, given to Mid-American Conference’s top player". NIU Today.
- Adelson, Andrea (December 1, 2010). "Chad Spann tabbed MAC's top player". ESPN.
- "Chad Spann". kffl.com. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "Colts put Spann on injured reserve for two weeks". northernstar.info. Retrieved September 6, 2011.
- "Colts remove RB Chad Spann from injured reserve making him a free agent". northernstar.info. Retrieved September 6, 2011.
- "Bucs Add RB Depth, Chad Spann Signed To Practice Squad". pewterreport.com. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- "Chad Spann, Zane Taylor cut from Buccaneers' practice squad". bucsnation.com. Retrieved November 7, 2011.
- "Steelers elevate Chad Spann to active roster". nbcsports.com. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Steelers Sign RB Chad Spann". pittsburgh.cbslocal.com. Retrieved January 4, 2012.
- "Steelers Release RB Chad Spann & CB Antonio Smith". steelersdepot.com. Retrieved May 2, 2012.
- Associated Press (27 July 2013). "Jets place CB Aaron Berry on IR, sign RB Chad Spann". Fox News. Archived from the original on 27 July 2013. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- Jets Staff (26 August 2013). "Jets Release 14 Players". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 26 August 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2013.