10 January 1991 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||181 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (14 st 0 lb)|
As of 2 March 2017
Chad Townsend (born 10 January 1991) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer who plays for the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in the National Rugby League (NRL). A goal-kicking five-eighth and halfback, he previously played for the New Zealand Warriors.
Townsend played his rugby league for the Yarrawarrah Tigers in the Cronulla-Sutherland local rugby league competition. During his junior football he was a part of 7 premiership teams. After being signed by the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, Townsend made his debut in round 13 of the 2011 NRL season. In his first match, played against the Brisbane Broncos, he managed to convert two tries scored by fellow players Jon Mannah and Colin Best in the 40th and 80th minutes respectively. As a result of the injury of Albert Kelly early in the season and the subsequent poor performance of Cronulla's other half options, Townsend was given the opportunity to play in the NRL, after his good form in the Toyota Cup competition. He scored his first try in round 17 against the Rabbitohs. The Sharks won that game 26 - 4. Townsend represented the Junior Kangaroos in 2011 and the NSW under 18s and NSW CHS.
New Zealand Warriors
Return to the Sharks
It was announced in July 2015 that he would return to the Sharks in 2016 on a 2-year contract.
On 2 October 2016, Townsend was part of the Cronulla side which won their first ever premiership defeating Melbourne 14-12 in the grand final.
- Chad Townsend rugbyleagueproject.org
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 8 February 2012. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 October 2012. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 March 2012. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 January 2014. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 2015-07-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chad Townsend.|