Chagrin Falls Township, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
|Chagrin Falls Township,|
Cuyahoga County, Ohio
Scene on Falls River Road northeast of Chagrin Falls village limits
Location of Chagrin Falls Township in Ohio
Location of Chagrin Falls Township in Cuyahoga County
|• Total||2.6 sq mi (6.8 km2)|
|• Land||2.6 sq mi (6.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||919 ft (280 m)|
|• Density||1,600/sq mi (620/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085961|
Chagrin Falls Township is a township located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census, the township had a total population of 4,233, which includes the village of Chagrin Falls. The portion of the township outside the village limits had a population of 120 at the 2010 census. The unincorporated township consists of about 43 households on an area of 0.52 square miles (1.3 km2), resulting in a population density of 261.7 persons/mile² (101.0 persons/km²). It is one of only two civil townships remaining in Cuyahoga County and the only Chagrin Falls Township statewide.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following villages and townships:
According to the United States Census Bureau, the incorporated and unincorporated areas of the township have a total area of 2.6 sq mi, all land.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. As of 2016[update], the board is composed of president Tom Florkiewicz and members John Finley and Mike Wise, and the fiscal officer is Beth Boles.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Chagrin Falls township, Cuyahoga County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- Subtracting 2010 census population of village from population of township.
- Cuyahoga County Households and Household Size, Cuyahoga County Planning Commission. Accessed 2006-12-28
- Cuyahoga County Land Area and Population Density Archived 2006-09-23 at the Wayback Machine., Cuyahoga County Planning Commission. Accessed 2006-12-28
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- "Township Officials". Chagrin Falls Township. August 8, 2016. Retrieved August 8, 2016.