Chains (Patty Loveless song)
|Single by Patty Loveless|
|from the album Honky Tonk Angel|
|B-side||"I'm On Your Side"|
|Label||MCA Nashville 53764|
|Patty Loveless singles chronology|
"Chains" is a song written by Hal Bynum and Bud Reneau, and recorded by American country music artist Patty Loveless. It was released in December 1989 as the fifth single from her album Honky Tonk Angel.
"Chains" was Loveless's second career No. 1 hit, with both this song and the earlier "Timber I'm Falling In Love" coming from Honky Tonk Angel.
In its original form, the song had a much slower tempo than the one recorded by Loveless. Tony Brown, one of her producers at the time, decided to speed up the tempo for the arrangement she recorded.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||41|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||9|
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 9246." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. March 24, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Patty Loveless – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Patty Loveless.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1990". RPM. December 22, 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- "Best of 1990: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1990. Retrieved August 23, 2013.
- Whitburn, Joel, "Top Country Songs: 1944-2005," 2006.
"No Matter How High"
by The Oak Ridge Boys
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
March 10, 1990
"Hard Rock Bottom of Your Heart"
by Randy Travis
|RPM Country Tracks
March 24, 1990
|This 1988 country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|