Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology
|Motto||Swayam Tejaswin Bhava|
|Principal||P Ravinder Reddy|
|Campus||Rural, 90 acres (0.36 km2) of land|
Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology (CBIT) is a private engineering college located in Gandipet, near Financial District, Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The college is affiliated to Osmania University and is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation. The institute received an autonomous status in 2013.
CBIT was established in 1979. The institute is affiliated to Osmania University, originally with three undergraduate programs and an intake of 200 students. By 2014 this had grown to nine undergraduate and seven postgraduate courses with a total intake of 9000 students. It was inaugurated by late Dr. Marri Chenna Reddy.
CBIT is the first private engineering college in Telangana.
One of the milestones for the college was when its students were part of the team involved in the design and successful launch of a satellite, STUDSAT, with the Indian Space Research Organisation. STUDSAT was successfully placed in the orbit and received the first signal on 12 July 2010 at 11:07 AM IST.
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
CBIT is located at Gandipet near Financial District in Hyderabad. The campus is 25 km from Secunderabad Railway Station and 28 km from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport. It is well connected with radial roads and outer ring road (ORR) for an easy access by road.
With a total of 12 blocks in the campus, eight blocks are assigned to ECE, EEE, CSE, IT, Mechanical, Mechanical (Production), Civil, Chemical, Bio-Tech, MBA, and MCA departments. Four blocks are for the library, R&D, physical education department (sports), cafeteria and assembly halls. Workshop sheds and laboratories are found between the blocks.
The college admits undergraduates and postgraduates. Undergraduate students are admitted through the statewide EAMCET examination conducted for intermediate students and TS ECET conducted for Diploma students. Postgraduate students through GATE and ICET, which are conducted every year. Apart from EAMCET, GATE, and ICET exams, students are also admitted through B-Category (selection based on IITJEE, AIEEE, EAMCET ranks) and NRI quota.
CBIT offers undergraduate courses in BE and BTech. Bachelor of Engineering (BE) course is for multiple disciplines of ECE, EEE, CSE, IT, Mechanical, Mechanical (Production), Civil and Bachelor of Technology (BTech) for Chemical and Bio-Tech. Postgraduate courses are offered in the streams of ME, MTech, MBA, MCA. The Master of Technology (MTech) course is offered to Computer Science Engineering students. Master of Engineering courses are offered in other disciplines. The college also offers Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Master of Computer Applications (MCA) courses through its department of management.
Apart from the regular undergraduate program the college also has an International Center (IC-CBIT) that offers a dual degree programs with foreign universities in engineering. It provides the facility for attending various workshops on multi topics which avail students a great opportunity to progress in every opportunity they utilize.
|Engineering – India|
|Outlook India (2019)||36|
The students of CBIT organize the independent TED event as TEDxCBIT. The event is completely organized by the students of CBIT and has been organized twice since 2017, each with a different theme.
|2018||7 October||"Making Space"|
|2017||7 January||"Diversity. Novelty. Erudition."|
Sudhee is the intra-department technical fest organized during the beginning of each odd semester, where each department hosts its events under a common theme which includes events based on robotics, ethical hacking, and various other topics over the course of 2 days.
On the other hand, Shruthi is the inter-department 3-day cultural fest organized at the end of each even semester, which acts as a host for many cultural events. Shruthi also welcomes a new public celebrity from the entertainment industry as their chief guest for the 3rd day.
Every year, as part of Shruthi, the inter-department fest, an inter-department sports competition is held. Sports in the fest are basketball, football, cricket, badminton, volleyball, kabaddi, handball, throwball and track and field events. There are indoor games too, along with outdoor games like carrom, chess, and table tennis. There are tournaments held within CBIT and also with other colleges.
The college also holds additional cultural fest "CARPEDIEM" every two years, usually after the completion of Shruthi or at the end of each academic year. Some of the famous celebrities to performed at the event include Nucleya, Armaan Malik, Mohit Chauhan, Kanan Gill, Hemachandra and others.
Homecoming, the annual alumni meet that is held in 25 December of every year organized by Chaitanya Smriti, the alumni association of CBIT, where the past students pay a visit to their alma mater and meet their friends.
The main activities of NSS unit are plantation, blood donation camp, services at orphanages and old age homes, road safety, anti-ragging squads, medical camps in villages, environmental awareness and programs, service to physically and mentally challenged people, issue of voter ID cards to students and staff, first aid training to students and staff, and fire fighting mock drills. Conducting "Street Cause", NSS are meant for, serving the poor in villages by health check up and providing free medicine. Competitions on road safety measures enable awareness in order to avoid accidents and loss of lives.
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (October 2017)
- Sekhar Kammula, film director in the Telugu film industry – 1991 – Mechanical Engineering.
- Y. S. Chowdary, elected member of the Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha) in 2010.
- J. D. Chakravarthy, film actor in the Telugu film industry – 1986.
- Komatireddy Venkat Reddy, politician.
- Neeraj Ghaywan, film director in Bollywood – 2002 – Electrical Engineering.
- Joseph Radhik , award winning photographer - 2005. 
- "LIST OF ENGINEERING COLLEGES AFFILIATED TO OSMANIA UNIVERSITY OFFERING B.E./B.Tech" (PDF). www.osmania.ac.in. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "About CBIT | Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology(Autonomous)". www.cbit.ac.in. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology (Autonomous) | Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology(Autonomous)". cbit.ac.in. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- ENGINEERING EDUCATION IN INDIA, AND ANDHRA PRADESH (PDF). India: Shodhganga. p. 8.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "India's Top 150 Engineering Colleges In 2019". Outlook India. 6 June 2019.
- "TEDxCBIT | TED". www.ted.com. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "TEDxCBIT | TED". www.ted.com. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- "Achievements in Sports". Archived from the original on 25 May 2006.
- Director Sekhar Kammula Exclusive Interview || Dialogue With Prema No. 5 || #CelebrationOfLife || #236, retrieved 8 November 2019
- "Y S Chowdary". www.yschowdary.com. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "J. D. Chakravarthy". veethi.com. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "KOMATIREDDY VENKAT REDDY(Indian National Congress(INC)):Constituency- NALGONDA(NALGONDA) – Affidavit Information of Candidate:". myneta.info. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- "Virushka To Sania Mirza: These Wedding Photogs Will Make You Awesome Shaadi Memories | LBB". LBB, Hyderabad. Retrieved 22 July 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology.|