Chak De! India (song)
|"Chak De! India"|
Screenshot from the music video of "Chak De! India" picturized Kabir Khan(SRK) running and practicing with the Indian women's hockey team.
|Song by Sukhwinder Singh, Salim Merchant, Marianne D'Cruz|
|from the album Chak De! India Soundtrack|
|Producer(s)||Yash Raj Productions|
|Chak De! India Soundtrack track listing|
Chak De! India (English: Go For it! India or Go! India) is the title song of the 2007 Hindi sports film Chak De! India. It is sung by Sukhwinder Singh, Salim Merchant, Marianne D'Cruz and was composed by the duo Salim-Sulaiman and lyrics penned by Jaideep Sahni.
The soundtrack for Chak De! India was released on 1 August 2007 and was composed by Salim-Sulaiman with lyrics by Jaideep Sahni. Since the release of the film, the title track song, Chak De! India began doubling as an anthem and was played at every sports event." Salim Merchant has stated in this regard that "Chak De! India," "almost became the sports anthem of the country, especially after India won the Cricket World Cup . It was no longer our song but the country's song." Indeed, after winning the 2011 Cricket World Cup, India's team player Virat Kohli "sang Chak de India to the crowd." A few years later, after India beat South Africa at the 2015 Cricket World Cup, Nitin Srivastava of the BBC noted that: "MCG has erupted with Vande Mataram (the national song of India) and Chak De India (Go India!) slogans in the air! And there's no age barrier for cricket fans who came and enjoyed the match."
- Won: Best Song (Chak De! India)
- Rajesh, Y.P. (2007-08-14). "Chak De India scores with women's hockey, patriotism mix". Reuters. Retrieved 2015-08-17.
- Webster, Andy (11 October 2007). "You Go, Girl, as Translated into Hindi". Movie Review. The New York Times. Retrieved 2008-04-07.
- "Chak De India - A new national anthem is born". Hindustan Times. News. 2007-12-31. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Chak De India was a milestone". Khaleej Times. Global India Newswire. 27 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- Koshie, Nihal (11 March 2011). "Chak de for India, Waka waka for SA and Jacko for Pak". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- "'India planned final for a year'". NDTV. 2011-04-03. Retrieved 2015-08-19.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Williams, Adam (2015-02-22). "World Cup: How India Beat South Africa". BBC. Retrieved 2015-08-19.
- CDI title track is song of year: NDTV poll
- on YouTube
|This 2000s song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|