|Main ingredients||Lamb or veal, onions, cherry plums, dry white wine, potatoes, tarragon leaves, herbs, garlic|
It is made from lamb chops or veal, onions, tarragon leaves, cherry plums or tkemali (cherry plum sauce), dry white wine, mixed fresh herbs (parsley, mint, dill, coriander), garlic and salt.Chakapuli can also be made with beef or mushrooms instead of lamb.
Chopped lamb is boiled with white wine in deep pan and then the pan is placed in the oven and cooked slowly for 1.5 hours. After this process, the lamb is stirred in the tkemali sauce and chopped greens, garlic are added. The dish is cooked another 5 minutes in the oven and is rested for 5 minutes before serving.
- Darra Goldstein, The Georgian Feast: The Vibrant Culture and Savory Food of the Republic of Georgia, p. 87
- Tim Burford, Georgia, p. 74
- Семенова С.В. Грузинская кухня, p. 16
- Любомирова К. Постные блюда из мультиварки, p. 14
- "Georgian Recipes: Chakapuli". Georgia About. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Author, No. "Chakapuli with lamb and wine". GeorgianJournal. Retrieved 2018-12-05.
|This Georgian cuisine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This meat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|