Chakdaha (community development block)
চাকদহ সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||234.86 km2 (90.68 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (4,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ranaghat, Bangaon|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chakdaha, Kalyani, Haringhata|
Chakdaha (community development block) is an administrative division in Kalyani subdivision of Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Chakdaha and Kalyani police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Chakdaha. There are two census towns in this block: Darappur and Madanpur.
Chakdaha is located at.
Gram panchayats of Chakdaha block/ panchayat samiti are: Chanduria I, Chanduria II, Dewli, Dubra, Ghetugachhi, Hingnara, Kanchrapara, Madanpur I, Madanpur II, Saguna, Sarati, Silinda I, Silinda II, Simurali, Tatla I, Tatla II and Rautari.
As per 2001 census, Chakdaha block had a total population 362,739, out of which 187,025 were males and 175,714 were females. Chakdaha block registered a population growth of 19.52 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 19.51 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Nadia district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Nadia district (10). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Nadia district". NREGA activities - Block Performance MIS vs MPR. Nadia district administration. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-03-25.