|Hubs||Caen - Carpiquet Airport|
|Focus cities||Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport|
|Frequent-flyer program||Flying Blue|
|Key people||Alain Battisti|
Chalair Aviation is a French regional airline with its head office and base on the grounds of Caen – Carpiquet Airport in Carpiquet. It operates scheduled regional services as well as charter flights for various occasions.
The airline was founded in 1986. Starting 1997, besides business and freight flights, Chalair Aviation began operating a Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner for scheduled flights between Le Mans and Eindhoven and an ATR 42 between Cherbourg and Orly. Between 1997 and 2004, Chalair Aviation operated 1 Fairchild Swearingen Metroliner, 1 ATR 42-300 and 3 Cessna Citation II and CJ2 jets.
The airline provides scheduled services as well as corporate shuttle services, freight (including toxic and corrosive material), business and sanitary flights, pilot certification and training, aircraft management and engineering and neighboring islands and JAR Part 145 maintenance services. The airline now employs a total 42 persons, among them 27 are pilots.
Chalair Aviation operates to the following destinations under their own brand as of July 2019:
- Agen – Agen La Garenne Airport
- Ajaccio – Ajaccio Napoleon Bonaparte Airport (Summer Seasonal)
- Bastia – Bastia – Poretta Airport (Summer Seasonal)
- Bergerac – Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport (Summer Seasonal)
- Bordeaux – Bordeaux–Mérignac Airport base
- Brest – Brest Bretagne Airport
- Carpiquet - Caen - Carpiquet Airport base
- Limoges – Limoges – Bellegarde Airport
- Lyon – Lyon–Saint Exupéry Airport
- Montpellier – Montpellier–Méditerranée Airport
- Nantes – Nantes Atlantique Airport
- Nice – Nice Côte d'Azur Airport (Summer Seasonal)
- Paris – Orly Airport
- Pau – Pau Airport
- Rennes – Rennes–Saint-Jacques Airport
- airfleets.net - Chalair Aviation fleet details retrieved 31 January 2018
- "Access Archived 21 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine." (image). Chalair Aviation. Retrieved on 12 February 2011. "Chalair Aviation Headquarters Aéroport de Caen-Carpiquet 14650 Carpiquet France."
- chalair.eu - History Archived 9 August 2016 at the Wayback Machine retrieved 9 July 2016
- name="airfleets.net"/ [airfleets.net]
- chalair.eu - Business aviation Archived 12 June 2016 at the Wayback Machine retrieved 9 July 2016
- hamburg-news.de - "Chalair Aviation flies from Hamburg Airport to Antwerp" Archived 17 August 2016 at the Wayback Machine (German) 4 July 2016
- airliners.de (German) 22 October 2020
-  (German) 06 December 2020
- - Chalair Aviation fleet details retrieved 8 April 2021, updated 25 March 2021.
- "Global Airline Guide 2019 (Part One)". Airliner World. October 2019: 14.
Media related to Chalair Aviation at Wikimedia Commons