The Chalcots Estate is a council housing estate on Adelaide Road and Fellows Road in Swiss Cottage in the London Borough of Camden. It was designed by Dennis Lennon and Partners. The Chalcots Estate was built on land owned by Eton College which is reflected in the names of the individual buildings. 
The Estate comprises five high-rise tower blocks with a total of 711 or 717 flats, in four identical 23-storey towers (Taplow, Burnham, Bray, and Dorney), and one smaller 19-storey block (Blashford). The blocks were built in two stages, with approvals being given in 1965 and 1966, and construction in 1967 and 1968.
Grenfell Tower fire aftermath
On 22 June 2017, following the Grenfell Tower fire, Camden Council said that it would remove similar outer cladding panels that were added to the five blocks in a 2006 refurbishment by the same firms who renovated Grenfell Tower. Rydon. However, Camden Council stated that the insulation used "significantly differs" from that on Grenfell Tower, as it included "fire-resistant Rockwool insulation designed to prevent the spread of fire and fire-resistant sealant between floors, designed to stop a high-intensity flat fire from spreading to neighbouring flats". On 23 June, Camden Council stated that 800 homes in the five tower blocks were being evacuated in order to undertake "urgent fire safety works". On 24 June, 83 people were refusing to leave, and council leader Georgia Gould said this would "become a matter for the fire services".
By 31 July, the decision had been reversed and residents were ordered to vacate the temporary accommodation and move back into the flats. An issue with fire doors had been found and rectified. No information had been given on the safety of the cladding. A resident, Letitia Esposito, challenged the decision in the high court. The judgement is pending.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus & Bridget Cherry. (2002). The Buildings of England: London 4 North. New Haven & London: Yale University Press. p. 242. ISBN 0300096534.
- "Elliot Square". The Modern House.
- Anna Behrmann (16 June 2017). "Hampstead MP calls urgent meeting for Chalcots Estate residents after Grenfell tragedy - News - Hampstead Highgate Express". Hamhigh.co.uk. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- Kennett, Stephen. "Chalcot estate: Altered towers | Online News". Building. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- "Chalcots Estate". Emporis. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- "Camden set to remove cladding from Chalcots Estate tower blocks". News.camden.gov.uk. 16 June 2017. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- Robert Booth (22 June 2017). "Cladding to be removed in Camden as councils scramble to check tower blocks". The Guardian. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- "Camden flats to be evacuated over cladding - BBC News". Bbc.co.uk. 23 June 2017. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Cladding fire tests failed by 27 high-rise blocks". BBC. 24 June 2017. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- Siddique, Haroon (31 July 2017). "Evacuated tower block resident in court over decision to move her back". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 July 2017.