Chale Wote Street Art Festival
Kid art at 2013 Chale Wote
|Website||Accra Dot Alt Chale Wote Pages|
The Chale Wote Street Art Festival  also known as Chale Wote is an alternative platform that brings art, music, dance and performance out into the streets. The festival targets exchanges between scores of local and international artists and patrons by creating and appreciating art together.
Since 2011, CHALE WOTE has included street painting, graffiti murals, photography, theater, spoken word, interactive art installations, live street performances, extreme sports, film shows, a fashion parade, a music block party, recyclable design workshops and much more. It is the first to be organized in Accra, Ghana and has inspired similar events across the country. There have been four editions so far; the first two ran for one day each, while the 2013 and 2014 edition ran concurrently for two days, the former in September and the latter in August, a week after the Homowo festival of the Ga people at the historical Jamestown, Ghana on the High Street in Accra. The event is produced by Accra [dot] Alt Radio, with support from other local cultural networks like Attukwei Art Foundation, Foundation for Contemporary Art Ghana, Dr. Monk, Redd Kat Pictures and the Institut français in Ghana.
|2012||"Outer-space” exploration||14 April|||
|2013||Re-imagining African folklore by creating exciting and futuristic versions||7–8 September|||
|2014||Death: An Eternal Dream Into Limitless Rebirth||23–24 August|||
|2015||African Electronics||22–23 August|||
|2016||Spirit Robot||18–21 August|||
- "Four Word Story: Chale Wote Street Art Festival". Ghana Web. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Chale Wote Street festival brings street art to James Town". Ghanamusic.com. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Chale Wote brings street art to James Town". modernghana.com. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "ACCRA [dot] ALT Radio | Live from the Ghana Space Station". Accra [dot] Alt Radio. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "In other worlds with Chale Wote Street Art festival". myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Chale Wote Street Festival 2013 is here". graphic.com.gh. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Sefa-Boakye, Jennifer. "Accra’s Chale Wote Street Art Festival Call For Artists". okayafrica. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Accra[Dot]Alt. "Accra’s Chale Wote Street Art Festival Call For Artists". accradotaltradio. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- "CHALE WOTE 2016: Call for Artists". 10 March 2016.
- CHALE WOTE FESTIVAL KEEPS GETTING BETTER (2013)
- WHAT I SAW AT THE CHALE WOTE STREET FESTIVAL IN JAMES TOWN [(2011)
- [permanent dead link]
|This Ghana-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|