||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (January 2014)|
|Chalene Johnson (Fitness Expert)|
|Born||February 2, 1969|
|Residence||Mission Viejo, California|
|Occupation||Physical fitness expert|
|Height||5'2" (1.57 m)|
|Spouse(s)||Married, two children|
Chalene Johnson is an American physical fitness authority, choreographer, author, and entrepreneur. Chalene Johnson started studying dance and martial arts at age 3. As a child, she followed her mother to her Jazzercise classes and saw that they were all about music and dancing and just a lot of fun. She continued training in tae kwon do, dance, and aerobics while a student at Michigan State University. After moving to California in the early '90s, she worked as a paralegal and applied to law school. At that time personal training was becoming very popular and she began training before and after work, she quickly realized that she had a passion for fitness. Years later, she created a group exercise class that combined dance and kickboxing. This led to the creation of TurboJam home fitness exercise program. Since TurboJam, Johnson has launched the very similar TurboKick, PiYo, and Hip Hop Hustle which are all available in gyms in the United States and Australia. She has also launched TurboFire, which is a Beachbody DVD exercise program. Chalene teaches her signature TurboKick class at the Irvine Center Drive 24 Hour Fitness in Irvine, CA every Sunday at 8:30am.
Chalene is most notable for creating the exercise video system known as TurboFire, developed and sold by Beachbody. She combined music, dancing, and martial arts as a basis for her workout system. She began working on her TurboJam idea in 1997, trying to perfect and develop her system. She continued to develop and promote it until she sold over four million products by 2006.
The Book: Push
On December 20, 2011, Chalene's first book PUSH: 30 Days to Turbocharged Habits, a Bangin' Body, and the Life You Deserve! was released by Rodale Books.
- 2014: PiYo Workout (Exercise video Series)
- 2010: TurboFire (Exercise video series)
- 2008: ChaLEAN Extreme (Exercise video series)
- 2005: TurboJam (Exercise video series)
- 2000: PiYo (Exercise video series)
- 1998: TurboKick (Exercise video series)
- "Beachbody Fitness Experts". Beachbody. Retrieved 6 Dec 2015.
- "Irvine Center Drive SuperSport". 24hourfit.schedulesource.com. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- Chalene Johnson. https://www.facebook.com/chalene
- Turbo Jam Maximum Results - Fitness, Nutrition, Diet, Weight Loss Official Website