Chalfonts Community College
|Chalfonts Community College|
|Motto||Success is an attitude|
|Specialist||Technology College and Training School|
|Department for Education URN||137215 Tables|
|Principal||Mr Russell Denial|
|Age||11 to 18|
Chalfonts Community College is a co-educational secondary school in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire. It takes children from the age of 11 through to 18 and has approximately 2,000 pupils. In August 2011 the school became an Academy.
In September 2002 the Department for Education and Skills (DfES) awarded the school specialist school status as a Technology College. The college was also been awarded a second specialism, and also had Training School Status.
In 2008 it was reported that the school was paying sixth form students to teach younger pupils at the school, instead of employing qualified supply teachers whose quality of teaching the school had sometimes felt to be lacking. Twenty-four students were being paid £5 for fifty minutes of teaching a subject, which they were studying at A-level. The students were given training and were accompanied by an adult in the classroom.
Creative and Media Diploma and Engineering Diploma
This section does not cite any sources. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The school was one of two that taught the diploma, and the current year eleven students are still[when?] completing the course. The Creative and Media Diploma was successfully launched in September 2009.
The school was rated "Good" by Ofsted in both November 2013 and May 2017.
- "Performance Tables 2010". Department for Education. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
- "Open academies map and schools submitting applications". Department for Education. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- Oliver Evans (2008-04-29). "Sixth formers paid to teach youngsters". Bucks Free Press. Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- "Sixth formers teach other pupils". BBC News. 2008-04-30. Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- Official Website
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Department for Education Performance Tables 2011
- Ofsted Inspection Report 2007
|This Buckinghamshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|