|Administrative region||West Greece|
|• Municipal unit||114.2 km2 (44.1 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||2,397|
|• Municipal unit density||21/km2 (54/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||300 14|
Chalkeia (Greek: Χάλκεια) is a former municipality in Aetolia-Acarnania, West Greece, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Nafpaktia, of which it is a municipal unit. The municipal unit has an area of 114.189 km2. Population 2,397 (2011). The seat of the municipality was in Trikorfo.
The municipal unit Chalkeia is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Ano Vasiliki
- Vasiliki (Kato Vasiliki, Perama)
- Galatas (Galatas, Kryoneri)
- Kalavrouza (Kato Kalavrouza, Kalavrouza)
Kryoneri (Greek: Κρυονέρι meaning "cold water") is a settlement located east-southeast of Messolongi. Its population in 2001 was 110. It is located by the banks of the Evinos river and is a popular summer destination. The rocks of Varasova, a very steep mountain is to the east. It features owned beds and hotels. It had the old railway line of the Hellenic Railways Organisation, the Northwestern Greece Railway of the (SVDE) in which it ferried freights from the port of Patras in which is across. Kryoneri has a few churches and a square.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.
|This Western Greece location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|