Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Shashant Shah|
|Produced by||Krishika Lulla
Kavita Bhupathi Chadda
|Screenplay by||Arshad Sayed|
|Story by||Arshad Sayed|
|Music by||Gourov Dasgupta
Anand Raj Anand
Sachin Gupta (Hi5)
|Edited by||Aseem Sinha|
|Distributed by||Big Daddy Productions
Eros International Media Ltd.
Bheegi Basanti Entertainment
|Budget||₹50 million (US$780,000)|
|Box office||₹95 million (US$1.5 million)|
Chalo Dilli (Let's go to Delhi) is a 2011 Indian film directed by Shashant Shah. It features Lara Dutta and Vinay Pathak. It also features Akshay Kumar in a guest appearance. The film, produced under Dutta's husband Mahesh Bhupathi's production company, Big Daddy Productions and Eros International Media Ltd. was shot at locations in Mumbai, Delhi and Jaipur. It was released on 29 April 2011. It was inspired by the film Planes, Trains and Automobiles starring Steve Martin. A sequel to the movie named Chalo China was set to be made in 2014 but postponed due to lack of financers.
Mihika Banerjee (Lara Dutta), a successful investment banker living in Mumbai, misses her flight to Delhi and needs to get there any way possible to meet her husband, Lt. Col. Vikram Rathore (Akshay Kumar). She meets Manu Gupta (Vinay Pathak) and they discover the colours of India in their journey to Delhi. They go by road and train and the audience gets a chance to see both the large urban conglomerations and the small rural areas that make up India. During the journey, Mihika experiences various difficulties which she has never encountered in her high class life. When Mihika's money is stolen while she is buying a train ticket, she is forced to travel with Manu in the ordinary class in Jhunjhunu District. Thus the film revolves around Mihika's and Manu's journey amidst difficulties.
- Lara Dutta as Mihika Banerjee
- Vinay Pathak as Manu Gupta
- Akshay Kumar as lieutenant Colonel Vikram Singh Rana (Husband of Mihika)
- Anil Marwari as Taxi Boy
- Pankaj Jha as Inspector Surendra Mishra
- Brijendra Kala as K.C Pant ( Train Ticket Examiner)
- Rahul Singh (actor) as Bhairon Singh Gurjar (also Gujjar Singh)
- Raghavendra (Raghav) Tiwari as Naresh
- Lokesh Verma as Billu
- Ajit Mathur as Pappu
- Gaurav Gera as Gopi
- Yana Gupta as Laila (Guest Appearance in the song "Laila O Laila")
- Mukesh Bhatt (actor) as Pandeyji
- Teddy Maurya as Bhaiyaji
- Manoj Bakshi as Jhujjhar Singh
- Narottam Bain as Bablu
- Dadhi R Pandey as Dharampalji (Truck Driver)
- Narottam Bain as Shivratan Bansod (Taxi driver)
|Soundtrack album by Vishal-Shekhar|
|Released||29 April 2011|
The music is composed by Gourov Dasgupta, Anand Raj Anand, Sachin Gupta, Rohit Kulkarni, and Roshan Balu. Lyrics are penned by Manthan, Anand Raj Anand, Krishika Lulla, Shabbir Ahmed, and Nisha Mascarenhas.
|1.||"Chalo Dilli"||Gourov Dasgupta||Raja Hasan||4:34|
|2.||"Hi 5"||Sachin Gupta||Neeraj Shridhar||5:49|
|3.||"Kaun Se Badi Baat"||Rohit Kulkarni||Kamal Heer||5:12|
|4.||"Laila O Laila"||Gourov Dasgupta||June Banerjee||3:11|
|5.||"Matargashtiya"||Anand Raj Anand||Sukhwinder Singh||4:47|
|6.||"Moments in Life"||Rohit Kulkarni||Natalie Di Luccio||3:24|
|7.||"Hi 5" (Club Mix)||Sachin Gupta||Neeraj Shridhar||2:33|
|8.||"Laila" (Club Mix)||Roshan Balu||June Banerjee||4:35|
- "Mahesh Bhupathi turns producer for Lara Dutta". Times of India. 1 March 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- "Lara, Vinay: An odd couple". Times of India. 10 March 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-14.
- "Chalo Dilli sequel postponed/". IANS. 30 May 2014.
- Kazmi, Nikhat (28 April 2011). "Chalo Dilli". The Times of India.
- Headline. "Indian DVD: Shopping, News & More". Indiaweekly.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Review: Chalo Dilli is an arduous journey – Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 29 April 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-06.