Chambers Island Light
|Location||Chambers Island, Wisconsin|
|Year first lit||1868|
|Tower shape||Octagonal without lantern|
|Tower height||67 feet (20 m)|
|Heritage||place listed on the National Register of Historic Places|
Chambers Island Lighthouse
|Area||40 acres (16 ha)|
|NRHP reference #||75000063|
|Added to NRHP||August 19, 1975|
The Chambers Island lighthouse is a lighthouse located on Chambers Island in Door County, Wisconsin. It was replaced in 1961 by a skeletal tower, visible for 12 nautical miles (22 km; 14 mi). The new light is identified by the USCG as 7-21895.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 as reference #75000063.
- Havighurst, Walter (1943) The Long Ships Passing: The Story of the Great Lakes, Macmillan Publishers.
- Oleszewski, Wes, Great Lakes Lighthouses, American and Canadian: A Comprehensive Directory/Guide to Great Lakes Lighthouses, (Gwinn, Michigan: Avery Color Studios, Inc., 1998) ISBN 0-932212-98-0.
- Pepper, Terry. "Seeing the Light: Lighthouses on the western Great Lakes". Archived from the original on 2008-01-30.
- Sapulski, Wayne S., (2001) Lighthouses of Lake Michigan: Past and Present (Paperback) (Fowlerville: Wilderness Adventure Books) ISBN 0-923568-47-6; ISBN 978-0-923568-47-4.
- Wright, Larry and Wright, Patricia, Great Lakes Lighthouses Encyclopedia Hardback (Erin: Boston Mills Press, 2006) ISBN 1-55046-399-3.
- Door County Lighthouses, Door County Marine Museum
- Seeing the Light
- Lighthouse friends article
- NPS Inventory of Historic Light Stations - Wisconsin
- Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of the United States: Eastern Wisconsin". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: Wisconsin". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office.
- Light List, Volume VII, Great Lakes (PDF). Light List. United States Coast Guard.
- History of the Chambers Island Lighthouse - lists replacement skeletal light
|This article about a property in Wisconsin on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to a United States lighthouse is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|