|Studio album by Yanni|
|Released||August 30, 1988|
Its corresponding concert tour was the 1988 Concert Series.
On his new album, Chameleon Days, Yanni reveals a more upbeat, playful and high-spirited side to his nature than many of his fans may be familiar with. "I tried on this album to incorporate instrumental sounds familiar to anybody. I used a lot of acoustic piano, synth harmonica, whistle and other sounds to get away from the coldness of pure synthesizer", says Yanni. Acoustic percussionist, Charlie Adams, joins Yanni on several pieces, adding a more natural dimension. Yanni's trademark symphonic scope is very apparent on Chameleon Days, as is the intensity of feeling that marked his previous two albums on Private Music.
|4.||"The Rain Must Fall"||4:36|
|5.||"Days of Summer"||4:22|
|6.||"Reflections of Passion" (later the title selection for Yanni's sixth album)||4:31|
|9.||"A Word in Private"||3:43|
- Chameleon Days was recorded in its entirety on keyboards at Yanni's home studio on the 3324 Sony 24-track Digital Recorder
- Engineered by: Yanni
- Assistant Engineer: Charlie Adams
- Mastered by: Chris Bellman
- Technical Support: John Tesh
- Technical Advisor: Jerry Steckling
- Photography: Phillip Dixon
- Art Direction & Design: Norman Moore
1988 Concert Series
October 20 – December 2, 1988
ASASU/ASU Events and SRO Productions
|October 20, 1988||San Francisco||United States||Davies Auditorium|
|October 28, 1988||Dallas||McFarlin Auditorium|
|November 6, 1988||Seattle||Moore Theatre|
|November 10, 1988||Phoenix||Gammage Memorial Auditorium|
|November 19, 1988||Minneapolis||Orchestra Hall|
|December 2, 1988||Los Angeles||Wiltern Theatre|
In popular culture
- NBC Sports used "Everglade Run" for the closing credits of their Super Bowl XXIII coverage.
- CBS Sports used "Marching Season" for their "Dream Season" promos in 1990. NBC Sports also used "Marching Season" for the pregame intro for Super Bowl XXIII.
- CBS Sports used "Chasing Shadows" for their Daytona 500 starting grids in 1989, 1992, and 1994.