|EP by Miss Kittin & The Hacker|
|Released||6 July 1998|
|Genre||Electronica, Electropop, Electroclash, Dance, Synthpop, Techno|
|Label||International DeeJay Gigolo Records|
|Producer||Caroline Hervé, Michel Amato|
|Miss Kittin chronology|
|The Hacker chronology|
|Singles from Champagne|
Champagne is the debut extended play (EP) by the French recording duo Miss Kittin & The Hacker. Released in July 1998, several of the album's songs were later included on the duo's debut studio album First Album.
Background and development
While establishing themselves as musicians and appearing on several compilation albums for Mental Groove Records, Miss Kittin & The Hacker eventually signed to DJ Hell's label International DeeJay Gigolo Records to release their debut EP as a duo Champagne. The Hacker explained in an interview with In the Mix about the musical direction of the EP:
"When we started we decided that we won’t do classic techno. We wanted to bring back some human feelings to electronic music, and also, very important, some lyrics and with Miss Kittin’s words it was perfect. At last electronic music had something to say! Another thing was that I wanted to use classic song structure in an electronic style."
- "1982" was released worldwide as the album's commercial lead single in 1998. The song became an underground hit and was featured on German MTV.
All lyrics written by Miss Kittin & The Hacker, except where otherwise noted.
|3.||"The Grey Area"||5:16|
|7.||"Dirty Talk"||Klein + M.B.O.||2:05|
- "records.1998". Misskittin.com. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- Kellman, Andy. "Miss Kittin". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- PiNKe (2003-09-17). "The Hacker: The existentialist on inthemix.com.au". In the Mix. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- Gagne, Justin (2011). "Velle - Couture Soundtracks - Winter 2010". Velle. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Miss Kittin And The Hacker* - Champagne! E.P.". Discogs. Zinc Media, Inc. Retrieved 2010-10-30.
|This 2000s techno album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|