City hall, Champigny-sur-Marne
Paris and inner ring départements
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Dominique Adenot|
|Area1||11.3 km2 (4.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,700/km2 (17,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||94017 / 94500|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
In 1897 the name of the commune officially became Champigny-sur-Marne (meaning "Champigny upon Marne"), in order to distinguish it from other communes of France also called Champigny.
Champigny-sur-Marne is also served by Champigny station on Paris RER line A. This station, although administratively located on the territory of the neighboring commune of Saint-Maur-des-Fossés, lies immediately across the Marne River from the town center of Champigny-sur-Marne and is thus used by people in Champigny.
- Preschools: Nine for the 9e circonscription and 7 for the 18e circonscription
- Elementary schools: Seven for the 9e circonscription and 6 for the 18e circonscription
- Junior high schools: Collège Willy-Ronis and Collège Paul-Vaillant-Couturier
- Senior high schools: Lycée Louise Michel, Lycée Marx-Dormoy, Lycée Langevin-Wallon, Lycée professionnel Gabriel-Péri
In addition Lycée professionnel et technologique Samuel-de-Champlain is in nearby Chennevières-sur-Marne
- Djamel Belmadi (born 27 March 1976) is a retired Algerian footballer and is the current manager of Lekhwiya.
- Jeff Reine-Adélaïde (born 17 January 1998) is a professional footballer for Arsenal FC.
Twin towns — Sister cities
Champigny-sur-Marne is twinned with:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Champigny-sur-Marne.|
- Champigny-sur-Marne official website (French)
- Champigny Blog (French)
- Historic D.B.racing cars of Champigny/Marne (French)
|This Val-de-Marne geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|