|Headquarters||Winston-Salem, North Carolina, U.S.|
Number of locations
|34 stores |
|North America, Europe|
|Products||Clothing, Sportswear, Footwear|
Champion or alternatively also stylized as Champion U.S.A is an American manufacturer of clothing, specializing in sportswear. The brand is a subsidiary of HanesBrands Inc. (based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina), which was spun off by the Sara Lee Corporation. The company was originally based in Rochester, New York, prior to its acquisition by Sara Lee. 
Champion is HanesBrands' second largest brand with the namesake Hanes brand in first place. Other brands owned by HanesBrands Inc. are Playtex (its third largest brand), Bali, Just My Size, Barely There, Wonderbra, L’eggs, C9 by Champion, Duofold, Beefy-T, Outer Banks, Sol y Oro, Rinbros, Zorba and Ritmo.
For many years Champion supplied the athletic uniforms for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. In 2001 Notre Dame signed a 5 year exclusive agreement with Adidas, which ended a partnership Champion had with the university that spanned over 50 years.
Champion has manufactured and provided kit uniforms for the following teams and associations:
- Wigan Athletic (2008–09)
- AC Parma (1999-2005, including the last season as main sponsor of the club)
- Wales national football team (2008–10)
- FC Sochaux-Montbéliard (2003-05, including the last season as main sponsor of the club)
Merchandising licensed manufacturer
The following is a list of the products made by the company in the licensed sports business:
- List of Champion stores
- Abraham and William Feinbloom, Champion Products, Inc.
- Champion presents the new Greek national basketball team jersey
- "Adidas allegiance" on Notre Dame Magazine by Ed Cohen
- FIBA global partners, retrieved 31 Aug 2014
- Champion listed as sponsor at the Federazione Italiana de Pallacanestro website, retrieved 14 March 2013