|Goals scored||907 (2.39 per match)|
|Top goalscorer||Cédric Fauré (24)|
|Biggest home win||Rouen 7–0 Louhans-Cuiseaux (8 September 2009)|
Amiens 8–1 Louhans-Cuiseaux (29 January 2010)
|Biggest away win||Louhans-Cuiseaux 0–5 Troyes (21 May 2010)|
|Highest scoring||Amiens 8–1 Louhans-Cuiseaux (29 January 2010)|
The 2009–10 Championnat National was the 17th edition of the 3rd division league. Play commenced on 7 August 2009 and ended on 21 May 2010.
Promotion and relegation
Teams relegated from 2008–09 Ligue 2
Teams promoted to 2009–10 Ligue 2
Teams promoted from 2008–09 Championnat de France Amateurs
- Champions, Groupe B: Hyères
- 2nd Place, Groupe B: Fréjus
- Champions, Groupe C: Luzenac
- 2nd Place, Groupe C: Moulins
- Champions, Groupe D: Rouen
- 2nd Place, Groupe D: Plabennec
Teams relegated to Championnat de France Amateurs 2009-10
- 17th Place: Niort
- 18th Place: Calais
- 19th Place: Cherbourg
- 20th Place: L'Entente
- DNCG Ruling: Libourne-Saint-Seurin
- DNCG Ruling: Besançon
Following the DNCG's annual report on clubs, on 25 June, it was announced that six clubs had been relegated from the National to lower divisions. AS Beauvais, SO Cassis Carnoux, CS Louhans-Cuiseaux, and FC Libourne Saint-Seurin were relegated to the Championnat de France Amateurs. Besançon RC, US Luzenac, and FC Rouen, who were all recently promoted, were relegated to Championnat de France Amateurs 2, while FC Sète and Calais RUFC were relegated to the Division d'Honneur. All clubs relegated were allowed to appeal the decision.
Following an appeal from the aforementioned clubs, FC Rouen, AS Beauvais, and US Luzenac had their appeals overturned meaning they will remain in the Championnat National. Some clubs were, however, unsuccessful. FC Sète's appeal was upheld relegating them to the Division d'Honneur. Stade Plabennecois will replace them in the Championnat National. FC Libourne Saint-Seurin, Besançon RC, and Calais RUFC appeals were also rejected by the DNCG, however, all three clubs have decided to take their case to the CNOSF, the National Sporting Committee of France which governs sport in France. Both Calais and Besançon's rulings were determined on 23 July. The CNOSF determined that Besançon should be relegated to the CFA and not CFA 2, while Calais should respect and oblige the DNCG's ruling relegated them to CFA 2.
Libourne's ruling was determined on 27 July, when the CNOSF informed the club that they should honour the DNCG's ruling and suffer relegation to the CFA. Libourne's chairman Bernard Layda responded by announcing the club will file for bankruptcy, restructure the club, and oblige the ruling. Besançon and Libourne were replaced by ES Fréjus and AS Moulins.
Both CS Louhans-Cuiseaux and SO Cassis Carnoux had their appeals heard by the DNCG on 9 July. On 10 July, the DNGC ruled that both Louhans-Cuiseaux and Cassis-Carnoux rulings had been overturned meaning they will play in the Championnat National this season.
|Pos||Team||Pld||W||D||L||GF||GA||GD||Pts||Promotion or Relegation|
|1||Évian (C, P)||38||26||7||5||64||26||+38||85||Promotion to Ligue 2|
|17||Moulins (R)||38||9||11||18||37||57||−20||38||Relegation to Championnat de France amateur|
Rules for classification: 1) points; 2) goal difference; 3) number of goals scored.
(C) Champions; (P) Promoted; (R) Relegated
- Louhans-Cuiseaux were docked 5 points due to financial irregularities as a result of players not being paid their wages.
|2||Yassin El Azzouzi||Pacy Vallée-d'Eure||23|
Last updated: 7 April 2010
|Amiens||Stade de la Licorne||12,097||5,743|
|Bayonne||Stade Didier Deschamps||3,500||913|
|Beauvais||Stade Pierre Brisson||10,178||1,646|
|Cannes||Stade Pierre de Coubertin||12,800||1,977|
|Cassis||Stade Marcel Cerdan||2,000||227|
|Créteil||Stade Dominique Duvauchelle||12,150||695|
|Gueugnon||Stade Jean Laville||13,800||1,584|
|Louhans-Cuiseaux||Stade du Bram||10,000||767|
|Luzenac||Stade Paul Fédou||1,000||704|
|Moulins||Stade Hector Rolland||2,800||1,173|
|Pacy Vallée-d'Eure||Stade Pacy-Ménilles||2,000||609|
|Paris FC||Stade Sébastien Charléty||20,000||371|
|Plabennec||Stade de Kervéguen||5,000||1,225|
|Reims||Stade Auguste Delaune II||21,668||7,649|
|Rodez||Stade Paul Lignon||6,000||2,075|
|Rouen||Stade Robert Diochon||10,000||3,430|
|Troyes||Stade de l'Aube||21,877||5,974|
During summer break
|Cannes||Patrice Carteron||Sacked||29 May 2009||Off-season||Albert Emon||1 July 2009||N/A|
|Reims||Luis Fernandez||Sacked||12 June 2009||Off-season||Marc Collat||1 July 2009||N/A|
|Troyes||Claude Robin||Sacked||4 June 2009||Off-season||Patrick Remy||1 July 2009||N/A|
|Amiens||Thierry Laurey||Sacked||10 June 2009||Off-season||Serge Romano||1 July 2009||N/A|
|Évian||Stéphane Paille||Sacked||15 January 2010||1st||Bernard Casoni||20 January 2010||1st|
- The DNCG is responsible for overseeing the legal and financial accounts of professional and amateur football clubs in France. If clubs operating in the football leagues of France don't meet the DNCG's expectations, they can face sanctions, such as relegation.
- "Actualités DNCG". LFP. Ligue de Football Professionnel. 26 May 2009. Archived from the original on 3 June 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2009.
- "Le coup de sang du premier passage". Foot National. foot-national.com. 25 June 2009. Retrieved 30 June 2009.
- "Quatre clubs en sursis". L'Équipe. France. 4 July 2009. Archived from the original on 5 July 2009. Retrieved 4 July 2009.
- "CNOSF Concilliation pour Besançon en CFA". foot-national.com. 23 July 2009. Retrieved 27 July 2009.
- "CNOSF Calais reste en CFA 2". foot-national.com. 23 July 2009. Retrieved 27 July 2009.
- "Dépôt de bilan et CFA". L'Équipe. France. 27 July 2009. Archived from the original on 28 July 2009. Retrieved 27 July 2009.
- "Appel DNCG : Libourne, Besançon et Calais rétrogradés". Foot National. foot-national.com. 3 July 2009. Retrieved 4 July 2009.
- "Cassis-Carnoux, Louhans Cuiseaux et le Racing maintenus en appel". Foot National. foot-national.com. 10 July 2009. Retrieved 10 July 2009.
- DOMICILE SPECTATEURS
- "Casoni, c'est fini". :Le Monde. France. 6 June 2009. Archived from the original on 10 June 2009. Retrieved 6 June 2009.
- "A. Emon coach de Cannes". L'Équipe. France. 6 June 2009. Archived from the original on 23 July 2009. Retrieved 6 June 2009.
- "Collat nommé entraîneur". Mercato365. mercato365.fr. 12 June 2009. Retrieved 12 June 2009.
- "Remy nommé entraîneur". Mercato365. mercato365.fr. 17 June 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2009.
- "Romano nommé entraîneur". Mercato365. mercato365.fr. 17 June 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2009.
- "Romano nommé entraîneur". L'Équipe. France. 20 January 2010. Archived from the original on 20 June 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2010.