Champions (2018 film)
|Directed by||Javier Fesser|
|Music by||Rafael Arnau|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures España|
|Box office||$23.8 million|
Champions (Spanish: Campeones) is a 2018 Spanish comedy-drama film directed by Javier Fesser. It was selected as the Spanish entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 91st Academy Awards, but it was not nominated.
Marco Montes is the assistant coach of the basketball team CB Estudiantes. He is an arrogant man with bad manners, He is fired from his job after an altercation with his head coach during a game. After driving drunk into the back of a police car, Marco is ordered to do community service, in the form of coaching Los Amigos, a team of people with disabilities.
- Javier Gutiérrez as Marco Montes
- Juan Margallo as Julio
- Athenea Mata as Sonia
- Luisa Gavasa as Amparo
- Daniel Freire as Carrascosa
- Itziar Castro
- Julio Fernández
- Sergio Olmo
- Jesús Lago
- José de Luna
- Gloria Ramos
- Fran Fuentes
- Alberto Nieto Fernández
- Roberto Chinchilla
- Stefan López
The film is the highest-grossing Spanish language film of 2018 in Spain, with a box-office taking of €19.1 million from 3.3 million admissions.
- List of submissions to the 91st Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Spanish submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "'Campeones', 'Handia' y 'Todos los saben' pelearán por ser la candidata española en los 91º Premios Oscar". Redacción AV451. audiovisual451.com. 14 August 2018. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Campeones (2018)". The Numbers. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Campeones (Champions)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- Zurro, Javier (5 April 2018). "Los campeones que enseñaron a Fesser que no se dice "subnormales"". El Español. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Fesser atribuye el éxito de "Campeones" a que "hace felices" a los espectadores". EFE. eldiario.es. 3 May 2018. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- Academia de Cine [@Academiadecine] (6 September 2018). "El actor @DanielGrao7 anuncia en la Academia que Campeones, de Javier Fesser es la película que representará a España en la 91 edición de los Oscar en la categoría de Mejor Película de Habla No Inglesa" (Tweet) (in Spanish) – via Twitter.
- Hopewell, John (6 September 2018). "Javier Fesser's 'Champions' Chosen as Spain's Oscar Submission". Variety. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- Holland, Jonathan (23 April 2018). "'Champions' ('Campeones'): Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- Hopewell, John (2 January 2019). "Spain's Box Office Dips Slightly in 2018". Variety.
|This article related to a Spanish film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2010s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|