Champions of Change (award)
|Champions of Change|
|Sponsored by||Government of India|
|Presented by||Interactive Forum on Indian Economy|
Champions of Change is an Indian award, for promoting Gandhian values, (Swachata), community service and social development.(in Aspirational district in india), selected by constitutional jury members headed by K. G. Balakrishnan Former Chief Justice of India and Former Chairman NHRC. Established in 2018 by the Interactive Forum on Indian Economy and its media house Power Corridors and Panchayatitimes, it is given annually in four categories, and usually presented by the President, Vice president, Prime Minister of India or a leading figure.
The foundation, currently headed by Nandan Jha, was created in 2011. The award ceremony takes place every year in the month of December.
The programme identifies the progress of 115 'aspirational' districts whose development is being monitored by the NITI Aayog. Nandan Jha is the chairman of the 'Interactive Forum on Indian Economy'.
The award comprises a certificate and a gold medal. It is given in four categories, namely:
- Constructive Work in 115 Aspirational districts in India.
- Application of Education, Helthcare, Science and Technology for Rural development.
- Outstanding contribution for the Development and Welfare of Women and Children (115 Aspirational districts )
- Outstanding contribution in Swatch Bharat Abhiyan
- International Award for promoting Gandhian values outside India.
- Justice K G Balakrishnan (Former Chief Justice of India and Former Chairman NHRC)
- Justice Gyan Sudha Misra (Former justice Supreme court of India)
- S. Y. Quraishi (Former Chief election Commissioner of India)
- Pahlaj Nihalani Former Chairman CBFC (Central Board of film certification India)
- Subhash Ghai (Vetron Indian Film Director)
Champions of Change Awards 2018 distributed at Vigyan Bhavan New Delhi.
- "Manipur CM Biren Singh gets 'Champions of Change' award". The New Indian Express.
- "PM addresses Young CEOs at the "Champions of Change" initiative organised by NITI Aayog". narendramodi.in.
- "VP Naidu confers 'Champions of Change' award to Manipur CM". Th Week.
- "VP Naidu confers 'Champions of Change' award to Manipur CM - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Livecities, Team. "बिहार की इस महिला मुखिया को मिला 'चैंपियंस ऑफ चेंज' अवार्ड, उप राष्ट्रपति ने किया सम्मानित".
- "Srinubabu receives 'Champions of Change' award". Business Standard India. 27 December 2018.
- "एसपी चंबा डॉ मोनिका को चैंपियन ऑफ चेंज अवार्ड- Amarujala". Amar Ujala.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (February 2019)