Chan Yiu Lun
|Full name||Chan Yiu Lun|
|Date of birth||July 20, 1982|
|Place of birth||Hong Kong|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Playing position||Right winger|
|2011–2011||Double Flower FC||12||(10)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 January 2012.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 4 March 2008
Chan Yiu Lun (Chinese: 陳耀麟; Cantonese Yale: Chàn Yiuhlèun; born July 20, 1982 in Hong Kong) is a Hong Kong footballer who currently plays as a winger for Sun Hei. Chan is good at managing the free-kick and long pass. In the East Asia Football Championship held in Taipei in 2005, the Taiwanese named him as the "Hong Kong Beckham" because his free kick skill is very good.
Chan Yiu Lun started his football career at Sing Tao FC. He saw Wei Kwan Lung as his idol because his pace and shooting abilities impressed him greatly. Wei Kwan Lung was later banned from football for match-fixing, but he still encouraged Chan to play and not follow in his footsteps.
Sun Hei SC
Pontic FC and Double Flower FC
Chan Yiu Lun has reached an understanding to join Pontic FC for the 2011-12 Hong Kong First Division League season, but in the end Pontic gave up its promotion due to funding issues and Chan Yiu Lun is left with no club to play for. He played for Double Flower FC in the second division and waited to see if any opportunities come up in the 2011–12 season.
Sun Hei SC
On 11 January 2012, Chan Yiu Lun returned to his former club Sun Hei. Because coach Ricardo is in need of more players due to the suspension of Kilama and Milovanovic following the match against TSW Pegasus FC, when both were sent off and therefore suspended.
With Convoy Sun Hei
- Hong Kong FA Cup: 2005–06
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Total|
|Hong Kong||League||FA Cup & Shield||League Cup||Asia||Total|
|2005–06||Sun Hei||First Division||11||2||5||1||4||2||?||0||?||5|
As of 22 December 2009
Notes and references
- (in traditional Chinese (HK))陳耀麟借鑒偶像不走歪路 Ming Pao. (by Sina.com.hk) 20 December 2008
- (in traditional Chinese (HK))高級組銀牌準決賽 天水圍團結淘汰南華 Apple Daily. 8 December 2008.
- (in traditional Chinese (HK))陳耀麟羅志焜離流浪 Archived July 2, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Ta Kung Pao. 13 June 2011.
- (in traditional Chinese (HK))港迪斟妥陳耀麟 Archived August 29, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Ta Kung Pao. 18 June 2011.
- (in traditional Chinese (HK))淦源冇贊助棄升等罰 Apple Daily. 10 August 2011.
- (in traditional Chinese (HK))陳耀麟回歸晨曦首操[permanent dead link] Oriental Daily. 11 January 2012.