|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Maldaha Uttar|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Chanchal|
It was the home of Raja Saratchandra Rai Bahadur, who built the Chanchal palace. The King was married to Queen Dakshyani. One part of the palace was transformed into a government college in 1969.The other part of the Palace is now Chanchal Subdivisional Court.
Chanchal has three distinct seasons: summer, winter and monsoon. In summer the temperature sometimes reaches 45 degree Celsius. Winters are generally chilled and cool and sometimes temperature goes below 3 degree Celsius. During the monsoons (between June and September), the town is lashed by moderate to heavy rains.
- Aladipur High School
- Chanchal R.D. Girls' High School: This is also Government school from class 5 to class 12 (only for girls).
- Chanchal Siddheswari Institution: a Government school from class 5-10 (for boys) and class 11-12 (for girls and boys).
- DIB High School)
- Gobindapara High school
- Kaligram High school
- Sadarpur High School
- Sukrabri A.K High Madrasah
- "Yahoo maps location of Chanchal". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Malda district. Panchayats and Rural Development Department, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2008-12-26.[permanent dead link]
- "Directory of District, Sub division, Panchayat Samiti/ Block and Gram Panchayats in West Bengal, March 2008". West Bengal. National Informatics Centre, India. 2008-03-19. Archived from the original on 2009-02-25. Retrieved 2008-12-26.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|