Chandigarh Engineering College
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Chairman||Satnam Singh Sandhu|
|President||Rashpal Singh Dhaliwal|
|Director||Dr. Birajashis Pattnaik|
|Affiliations||Punjab Technical University|
The Chandigarh Engineering College (or CEC) is an engineering college of the Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran campus, Mohali near Chandigarh, India and is affiliated to Punjab Technical University for its degree courses.
Chandigarh Engineering College was established in 2002, one year after opening of the Landran Campus.It is one of the top engineering colleges in Punjab.
Chandigarh engineering College is one of the 9 colleges of the Landran campus and is one of the most prominent colleges in the campus.The college is divided into 4 blocks with each block covering different Departments of college.
- Block 1: Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Block 2: Mechanical Engineering
- Block 3: Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Block 13: Applied Sciences.
Chandigarh Engineering College has accreditation by the National Board of Accreditation established by AICTE. Companies like Infosys, TCS and WIPRO visit the college for placements.
- M.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)
- M.Tech (System Software)
- M.Tech (Information Technology)
- M.Tech (Information Security)
- M.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- M.Tech (VLSI Design)
- M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
- B. Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)
- B. Tech (Information Technology)
- B. Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- MCA (Master of Computer Application)
- According to Dataquest 2015 survey, it is ranked 800th among the top Engineering Colleges of India.
- Engineering college is placed in "B" category and ranks as second amongst top 10 Engineering colleges in India (Business & Management Chronicle).
- Prime Time Research Media Private Limited (Global Education Excellence Awards, 2016)-“Most Innovative Engineering College in India”
- DQ-CMR Best Technical Schools Survey 2016-Rank: 11 in Top 25 Private Institutes 2016 (Established on or after year 2000), Rank :09 in North Zone, Rank: 26 in Top 100 Private T-Schools 2016
- The Week - Best College Survey 2016-(1). 57th Rank in Top Pvt. Engineering College in India, (2).9th Rank in Top Pvt. Engineering College in North.
- Praxis Media-2016-National Education Excellence Awards
- INDIA TODAY - NIELSEN COLLEGE RANKING 2016- Rank-55
- Chronicle (Civil Services Chronicle) 2016 - A++
- Careers360 Engineering Rating 2016- AAA+
- SEED (Sustainable Institute Industry Partnership & SIIP) 2016- Has been declared and will be awarded in 22 July 2016- Sustainable Institute Industry Partnership (SIIP - 2016)
Many Companies like Infosys, Wipro, iGate, Microsoft,Google, HCL, Birlasoft, L&T infotech, Tata motors, free scale, cadence, atrenta, Dell, polaris, SAP labs, adobe systems, Perot systems, Iris software, citrix systems, oracle, sun microsystems, cognizant, airtel, Deloitte, IBM etc. visit the campus every year.Average Package is Around Rs.3.75/-Lacs Per Annum. Highest Salary offered is Rs.24/-Lacs Per Annum.
- Punjab Technical University. "Affiliated Colleges". ptu.ac.in. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- CGC. "Chandigarh Engineering College-About". http://www.cgc.edu.in. Retrieved 2 November 2014. External link in
- "CEC Landran gets ISO 9001 label". expressindia.com. 27 April 2004. Archived from the original on 2009-04-27. Retrieved 14 April 2009.