Chandigarh Junction railway station
|Express train and Passenger train station|
Entrance to the Chandigarh station platform
|Location||Industrial Area 1, Daria, Chandigarh|
|Elevation||330.77 metres (1,085.2 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
Chandigarh Junction railway station serves the union territory city of Chandigarh. The station is at an elevation of 330.77 metres (1,085.2 ft) and was assigned the code – CDG. Chandigarh is amongst the top hundred booking stations of Indian Railway.
Ambala-Chandigarh sector was electrified in 1998-99 and Chandigarh-Kalka in 1999-2000.
Chandigarh railway station has computerized reservation facilities, General Railway Police outpost, telephone booths, tourist reception cenre, waiting room, retiring room, vegetarian and non-vegetarian refreshment room, and book stall. In 2014, Chandigarh railway station got Escalators.
The railway station is 8 km from the city centre. The airport is 7 km. City buses, auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws are available at the station for local transportation.
- "IR History: Early Days II (1870-1899)". IRFCA. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "New Rail Link". The Tribune, 19 April 2013. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Chandigarh railway station". makemytrip. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Ajay Deep (18 December 2015). "Chandigarh railway station gets escalators".
- Chandigarh Junction railway station at the India Rail Info
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chandigarh Junction railway station.|
Chandigarh travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|Northern Railway zone|
|Terminus||Northern Railway zone|