Chandigarh Junction railway station
|Express train and Passenger train station|
|Location||Industrial Area 1, Daria, Chandigarh|
|Elevation||330.77 metres (1,085.2 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railways|
|Tracks||8 broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Connections||Auto stand, Taxi stand|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Zone(s)||Northern Railway zone|
Chandigarh Junction railway station (station code:- CDG), serves the union territory city of Chandigarh. The station is at an elevation of 330.77 metres (1,085.2 ft) and was assigned the code – CDG. Chandigarh is amongst the top hundred booking stations of the Indian Railway.
Ambala–Chandigarh sector was electrified in 1998–99 and Chandigarh–Kalka in 1999–2000.
Chandigarh railway station has computerized reservation facilities, General Railway Police outpost, telephone booths, tourist reception centre, waiting room, retiring room, vegetarian and non-vegetarian refreshment room, and book stall. In 2014, Chandigarh railway station got escalators.
The railway station is 8 km from the city centre. The airport is 7 km. City buses, auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws are available at the station for local transportation.
- "IR History: Early Days II (1870–1899)". IRFCA. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "New Rail Link". The Tribune. 19 April 2013. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Chandigarh railway station". makemytrip. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Ajay Deep (18 December 2015). "Chandigarh railway station gets escalators".
- Chandigarh Junction railway station at the India Rail Info
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chandigarh Junction railway station.|
Chandigarh travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|Northern Railway zone||
|Terminus||Northern Railway zone||