This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Discover. Learn. Empower.|
|Chancellor||Satnam Singh Sandhu|
Gharuan, Mohali district,
|Colors||White and Red|
Chandigarh University (CU) is a private research university located in the village of Gharuan, Mohali district, Punjab, India, more than 25 kilometres (16 mi) away from Chandigarh. It was founded in 2012 by Satnam Singh Sandhu, who also holds the office of the chancellor in the university.
Academics and co-curriculum activities
Chandigarh University offers various undergraduate, post-graduate and doctorate courses in various disciplines including Engineering, Management, Computing, Cognitive Sciences, Education, Animation and Multimedia, Tourism, Pharma Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Commerce, Legal Studies, Agricultural Science, Media Studies, Liberal Arts and Basic Sciences.
The university's academia revolves around the Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS), which allows students to choose from electives in their own discipline, related fields and open electives, and allows credits transfer through semester abroad programs.
Recognition and approval
Like all universities in India, CU is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). CU is also a member of the International Association of Universities (IAU) and the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
Some of the courses are also approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT), Bar Council of India (BCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Council of Architecture (COA) and National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
|Engineering – India|
|Business/Management – India|
CU comprises the following institutes:
- University Institute of Engineering
- University School of Business
- University Institute of Computing
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- University Institute of Biotechnology
- University Institute of Architecture
- University Institute of Liberal Arts & Humanities
- University Institute of Film and Visual Arts
- University Institute of Teacher Training And Research
- University Institute of Legal Studies
- University Institute of Agricultural Science
- University Institute of Media Studies
- University Institute of Science
- University Institute of Neural & Cognitive Sciences
- University Institute of Applied Health Sciences
- University Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management
The campus of CU resides in the village Gharuan, on the Chandigarh-Ludhiana Highway (NH-95). The campus consists of 18 academic blocks, 6 girls and 14 boys hostel buildings, food courts, banks, free university dispensary, stationery shops, and departmental store. The campus also holds the cricket stadium, boxing court, badminton court, basketball court, wrestling court and gymnasiums.
Various cultural events which take place around the year in the university include CUFest, Abhivyakti National literary Festival and CU Rhythm International Folklore Festival. CU also backs National Cadet Corps (NCC) National Service Scheme (NSS) and Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR).
- India, Press Trust of (22 July 2012). "RS Bawa appointed VC of Chandigarh University". Business Standard India. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Leadership and University Administration". www.cuchd.in. Chandigarh University. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- University, Chandigarh. "Chandigarh University Academic Systems | Academic Framework". Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Chandigarh University Academic Framework". www.cuchd.in. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Status of Chandigarh University". University Grants Commission. 22 April 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "List of IAU members". www.iau-aiu.net. International Association of Universities. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "ACU Members - Asia". www.acu.ac.uk. Association of Commonwealth Universities. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Extension of approval for the academic year 2017-2018". All India Council for Technical Education. 30 March 2017. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology approval". National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology. 7 May 2018. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Extension of provisional temporary approval of affiliation for the academic year 2017-2018". Bar Council of India. 17 August 2017. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "No Objection for starting Pharmacy courses at Chandigarh University". Pharmacy Council of India. 29 August 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Extension of Approval". Council of Architecture. 7 May 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Recognition order". National Council for Teacher Education. 2 May 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2019.
- "Institutes". Retrieved 22 September 2019.