|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KL-04 and KL-32|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Alappuzha|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Aroor|
Chandiroor is a village in Alappuzha district, Kerala, India. It is situated on National Highway 47 between Eramalloor and Aroor. It is under Aroor Assembly constituency and Alappuzha Parliamentary constituency. It was part of the Travancore kingdom. Chandiroor is known as Siddha village in Kerala.
It is located at .
NH47 is the main connectivity.
Sea food processing is the main industry. Shrimp farming, pisciculture and coir products manufacture are also means of livelihood.
Places of interest
- Birthplace of Sri Karunakara Guru
- Chandiroor jamia milliyya Arabic college
- Chandiroor Juma Masjid
- Chandiroor bridge
- Daivaveli temple
- Kumerthupadi temple
- Our Lady of Ransom Church (Diocese of kochi)
- St. Mary's church (Archdiocese of Ernakulam-Angamaly)
- Veluthully Kayal click to view
- Chandiroor HSS (Where Mammootty/Mohammed Kutty studied)
- Our Lady Of Mercy HSS
- Al Ameen Public School
- Jamia Milliyya Arabic college
- Heavens Qur'anic PreSchool
- The main front is LDF. K.R Gauriamma represented this constituency until last term from the birth of Kerala. She belongs to JSS. Now Adv. A M Arif (CPIM) represents the constituency for the second time.
- http://wikimapia.org/394978/Chandiroor Wikimapia