This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chandra Muzaffar is a Malaysian Muslim political scientist, and an Islamic reformist and activist. He has written on civilization dialogue, human rights, Malaysian politics and international relations.
Muzaffar was the first Director of the Centre for Civilisational Dialogue at the University of Malaya, in Kuala Lumpur. He then became the Noordin Sopiee Professor of Global Studies at the University of Science (USM) in Penang.
From 1977 to 1991, he founded Aliran Kesedaran Negara (Aliran); a multi-ethnic reform group in Malaysia for justice, freedom and solidarity. He later became the president of the International Movement for a Just World (JUST), an Non-governmental organization (NGO) that aims to raise public consciousness on the moral and intellectual basis of global justice.
- Protector (1979)
- Universalism of Islam (1979)
- Islamic Resurgence in Malaysia (1987)
- Human Rights and the New World Order (1993)
- Alternative Politics for Asia: A Buddhist-Muslim Dialogue ( 1999 )
- Rights, Religion and Reform (2002)
- Global Ethic or Global Hegemony? (2005)
- Hegemony: Justice; Peace (2008)
- Religion & Governance (2009)
- Politics in Asia: A Buddhist-Muslim Dialogue
|1999||Chandra Muzaffar (PKR)||21,04||48.59%||Tan Chai Ho (MCA)||22,273||51.41%||45,041||1,224||76.10%|
- Shireen Hunter (2014). Reformist Voices of Islam: Mediating Islam and Modernity. Routledge. p. 217. ISBN 9781317461241. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- "Interviews - Chandra Muzaffar | Muslims | FRONTLINE | PBS". www.pbs.org. Retrieved 2017-04-20.
- "Keputusan Pilihan Raya Umum Parlimen/Dewan Undangan Negeri" (in Malay). Election Commission of Malaysia. Retrieved 4 February 2017. Percentage figures based on total turnout.