Chandra Sekhar Yeleti
|Chandra Sekhar Yeleti|
|Born||4 March 1973|
Tuni, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Occupation||Film director, Screenwriter|
Chandra Sekhar Yeleti (born 4 March 1973) is an Indian film director, known for his works in Telugu cinema. He made his directorial debut with the Neo-noir crime film, Aithe, which garnered National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu, and the Nandi Award for Best Story for that year. Another Neo-noir work Anukokunda Oka Roju has garnered two State Nandi Awards, including Best Screenplay for Yeleti.
Early life and career
He was born in Tuni on 4 March 1973. He studied in Ganavaram St.Johns until 10th grade. He is the cousin of Gangaraju Gunnam. He was married on 19 May. He worked as an assistant Director under Gangaraju Gunnam for Little Soldiers. He had directed the first 10 episodes of Amrutham serial, which received pretty good response.
After working as an assistant director, Chandra Sekhar Yeleti made an outstanding debut with a small budget film titled "Aithe". That film was made on a shoestring/small budget of about 1.5 crores and went on to collect more than 6 crores. After almost two years he delivered another hit film "Anukokunda Oka Roju". Both the films were produced by Gunnam Gangaraju. After taking a gap of two more years, he directed his third film with Gopichand as the protagonist, titled "Okkadunnadu". In 2009, Yeleti directed his fourth film "Prayanam" with Manchu Manoj as the lead actor. After four year, Yeleti teamed again with Gopichand with an adventurous movie Sahasam.
In October 2015, Yeleti met Mohanlal and narrated a family subject to him. The plot was green-lit by Mohanlal, and Yeleti started production work for the Telugu drama thriller, titled Manamantha with an ensemble supporting cast including Gautami, Viswant Duddumpudi, Chandra Mohan, Vennela Kishore, Gollapudi Maruti Rao, Paruchuri Venkateswara Rao, Brahmaji, L. B. Sriram, P. Ravi Shankar and Nassar. The movie received good reviews from both critics and audience after the movie released on 5 August 2016.
|2003||Aithe||Telugu||National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Telugu|
Nandi Award for Best Story Writer
|2005||Anukokunda Oka Roju||Telugu||Nandi Award for Best Screenplay Writer|
Nandi Award for Second Best Feature Film
- Amrutham (10 Episodes)
- Nandi Award for Best Feature Film (Silver) - Anukokunda Oka Roju
- Nandi Award for Best Screenplay Writer - Anukokunda Oka Roju
- Nandi Award for Best Story Writer - Aithe
- Nandi Special Jury Award - Manamantha
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 March 2012. Retrieved 2016-02-20.
- "'Tastes are changing'". 5 May 2013 – via The Hindu.
- Akshay Kumar keen to remake NTR’s Oosaravelli | Deccan Chronicle Archived 9 May 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Chandra Sekhar Yeleti - Telugu Cinema interview - Telugu film director".
- "Exclusive biography of #ChandrasekharYeleti and on his life".