|Born||22 August 1962|
|Residence||New Delhi, India|
|Alma mater||University of Calcutta|
|Occupation||Director General of the Confederation of Indian Industry|
Chandrajit Banerjee is a post-graduate in economics with specialisation in economics of planning and econometrics from the University of Calcutta. Earlier, he did his schooling from the Calcutta Boys' School and then his graduation from St. Xavier's College, Kolkata in economics.
Prior to his appointment as Director General of CII, he held several senior positions in CII, including management of CII’s regional operations.
Banerjee is member of various government advisory committees. He is the vice chairman of the Asia Pacific Chapter of UFI, a global association of the exhibition industry. He is the Co-chairman of the Governing Council. He was also the co-chairman of Overseas Indian Facilitation Centre (OIFC), a not-for-profit public private initiative of Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) and CII, established in 2007. He is a Member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on India. Banerjee is also a member of the Advisory Council to the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh and also a member of the Board of Governors of Indian Institute of Management Ranchi. He is in the Board of Trustees and Governing Council of National Foundation for Corporate Governance (NFCG) as a Member.
Chandrajit Banerjee has been awareded the China-India Friendship Award by the Chinese prime minister Wen Jiabao for his contributions towards the development of bilateral ties between India and China. He has also been conferred with the decoration of Knight Commander of the Order of Queen Isabella by Felipe VI, the king of Spain for his contribution towards promoting relations between India and Spain.
- "It will hurt corporate restructuring: Chandrajit Banerjee, CII". economictimes. 28 December 2012.
- "Director-General, Confederation of Indian Industry". world economic forum.
- "A strong show amid varied challenges". thehindu. 22 May 2015.
- "Mr. Chandrajit Banerjee is a Senior Director of the CII" (PDF). nfcgindia.
- "Articles By Chandrajit Banerjee". ideasforindia.
- "Governing Council Members". oifc.
- "World Economic Forum's Global Agenda Council on India". world economic forum.
- "Member of the Board of Governors". iimranchi.
- "Structure of the Foundation". Nfcgindia.
- "China-India Friendship Award". news.xinhuanet.