This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chandrakar (or Chandraker) is one of the many surnames used by people belonging to Chandranahu (Subcaste) Kurmi (Caste) community. They usually live in various parts of Chhattisgarh, India. Traditional or primary occupation of people belonging to this community is agriculture and husbandry.
Notable people with this surname include:
- Chandu Lal Chandrakar, politician/journalist. Member of the Lok Sabha from the Durg Constituency
- Ram Lal Chandrakar, Indian independence activist and ex-MLA/Minister in M.P
- Vasudev Chandrakar, Indian independence activist and ex-MLA/Minister in M.P
- Maksudan Lal Chandrakar, ex-MLA, Mahasamund
- Agni Chandrakar, an ex MLA of Mahasamund
- Ajay Chandrakar, Cabinet Minister, Panchayat and Rural Development,Health Minister of C.G.
- Pratima Chandrakar, ex MLA.