Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Occupation||Banker, consultant, musician|
|Relatives||Indra Nooyi (Sister) |
She is chairperson of Tandon Capital Associates, and a member of the board of directors at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts and the Berklee Presidential Advisory Council of the Berklee College of Music.
Tandon is also the vice-chairman of the board of trustees at New York University (NYU), chair of the President's Global Council, and chair of the board of the Tandon School of Engineering. She also serves on the boards of the NYU Stern School of Business and the NYU Langone Health System.
She has released four music albums, earning a Grammy nomination for Soul Call.
Chandrika was born in Tamil family in Madras now called Chennai.She along with her sister Indra Nooyi did her schooling in Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School in T.Nagar.Later she did a commerce degree from Madras Christian College and then Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. 
She established Tandon Capital Associates in 1992 and has advised clients including Chase Manhattan Corporation, Comerica, Unibanco (Brazil), Suncorp-Metway Ltd. (Australia), Fleet Financial Group, Bank of America, Rabobank and ABN Amro.
- NYU Tandon School of Engineering, New York, NY, United States – contribution of US$100 million, the largest donation by an Indian American in the US.
- American India Foundation – Trustee (2005–2011)
Education and governance
- New York University (NYU), New York, NY, United States
- Yale University, New Haven, CT, United States
- Member, President's Council on International Activities
- Berklee College of Music, Boston, MA, United States
- Madras Christian College, Chennai, India
- Founder and Contributor, World-Class Business Program
- Gallatin Medal – New York University's highest honor for outstanding contributions to society.
- Walter Nichols Medal – for representing the highest ideals of business, service and integrity from NYU Stern.
- Polytechnic Medal – recognizing her efforts for science and engineering.
- Distinguished Alumnus award – from Madras Christian College in 2013.
Tandon released her first music album, Soul Call (2009), on her not-for-profit label Soul Chants Music. This was recognized with a Grammy nomination in contemporary world music. She has released three additional albums: Soul March (2013), Soul Mantra (2014), and Shivoham – The Quest (2017).
|Release name||Release date|
|Shivoham – The Quest||15 September 2017|
- https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/specials/new-manager/bring-out-your-hidden-dimensions/article22984378.ece. Missing or empty
- "Success is the freedom to do what I want".
- "Chandrika and Ranjan Tandon donate $100m to NYU School of Engineering".
- Goudreau, Jenna. "Indra Nooyi and Chandrika Tandon - pg.7". Forbes.
- "GRAMMY Award Results for Chandrika Tandon".
- "$100 Million Gift to NYU School of Engineering from Chandrika and Ranjan Tandon". NYU.
- "Board of Directors". Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Presidential Advisory Council". Berklee College of Music. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Board of Trustees - NYU". nyu.edu. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "NYU Trustee & Board of Overseers Member Chandrika Tandon is interviewed". NYU Stern. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Trustees & Overseers". NYU Langone Health. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Darren Walker Is This Year’s Commencement Speaker. So Who Is He? – Washington Square News". nyunews.com. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "2017 Annual Gala". Children's Hope India. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Commencement 2016". NYU Tandon School of Engineering. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "World Music Central". World Music Central. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Madras Miscellany". The Hindu. 14 January 2001. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- "'Success is the freedom to do what I want'". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "'Entity Information'". appext20.dos.ny.gov. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Indo American Arts Council Inc". iaac.us. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "NYU Polytechnic Gets $100 Million Donation". wsj.com. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Indra Nooyi's sister Chandrika Tandon in race for Grammy". economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Board of Trustees". nyu.edu. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "NYU's President's Global Council". nyu.edu. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Board of Overseers - NYU Stern". stern.nyu.edu. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "President's Council on International Activities". president.yale.edu. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "President's Advisory Council". berklee.edu. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Berklee Tandon Global Clinics". berklee.edu. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Madras Christian College - Business Education". mcc.edu.in. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Madras Christian College Distinguished Alumni". mcc.edu.in. Retrieved 2017-09-21.
- "Chandrika Krishnamurthy Tandon: Soul Call: Om Namo Narayanaya". PopMatters. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Chandrika Tandon on Apple Music". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2017-09-14.